Trustmark boosts wealth management revenue by 34% over 2012 Q3
The wealth management and insurance businesses of Trustmark Corp. added shine to the company’s third-quarter performance, increasing revenue in that category by more than a third over the same period of 2012, the Jackson financial services company announced after the close of the market on Tuesday, Margarida Correia of BankInvestmentConsultant.com reports..
Wealth management services generated $7.5 million in revenue, up nearly $2 million, or 34 percent from $5.6 million in the same quarter last year. Meanwhile insurance commissions rose to $8.2 million, a 9.2 percent increase year-over-year, Correia reported. Revenue from both wealth management and insurance commissions rose 8.4 percent and 2.7 percent, respectively, from the previous quarter, according to Trustmark.
The increase in wealth management income from the previous quarter reflected expanded trust management revenue and brokerage sales, Gerard R. Host, Trustmark’s president & CEO, said during the earnings conference call on Wednesday. He attributed the growth in insurance revenue to expanded customer insurance sales as well as the continued firming of insurance rates, Correia reported.
For the first nine months of 2013, revenue from wealth management services totaled $21.3 million, while insurance commissions totaled $23.5 million, up 26 percent and 10 percent, respectively, from the same period in 2012.
“Trustmark posted another quarter of solid financial results. Total revenue increased to $145.6 million, reflecting the success of our recent merger with BancTrust as well as expanding customer relationships in our legacy banking, wealth management and insurance businesses,” Host said in a statement. Trustmark acquired BancTrust Financial Group, a Mobile-based company, in February.
Overall, Trustmark earned $33 million in profit in the third quarter, an increase of 6.5 percent from the prior quarter as well as from levels one year earlier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip