Trustmark wins bid to handle bonds for SportsPlex construction
Published: October 24,2013
Tags: athletics, bank, banking, bond, city, city government, City of Greenville, community development, Delta SportsPlex, Delta Sportsplex Foundation, finance, financial institution, Frank Power, park, recreation, sports, Trustmark National Bank
GREENVILLE — The Washington County Board of Supervisors has accepted a bid from a Jackson bank to handle a $3-million bond issue to finance the construction of the first phase of the Delta Sportsplex.
Trustmark National Bank offered a 3.62 percent interest rate on a 15-year repayment plan. Revenue generated from the county’s hotel tax will repay the bond.
Board attorney Frank Power tells the Delta Democrat Times that a judge must sign off on the bid.
County and Delta Sportsplex Foundation officials broke ground last month near the Washington County Convention Center on the first phase that will include 17 soccer fields, 10 baseball fields, concession stands and parking areas.
Officials say the first phase is expected to be completed eight months after construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years