Agents arrest ex-park employee for embezzlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
Tags: arrest, city. city of Greenville, crime, demand, embezzle, embezzlement, Greenville Parks and Recreation Department, law, law enforcement, legal, Mississippi Auditor's Office, Stacey Pickering, state, state agency, state government, State of Mississippi, Yvette Yeager
GREENVILLE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports special agents have arrested Yvette Yeager, a former employee of the Greenville Parks and Recreation Department, following a one count indictment of embezzlement.
Over a five-year period from October 2007-September 2012, Yeager is charged with embezzling $85,155.65 from the City of Greenville. As the Parks Commission director, Yeager was responsible for receiving and depositing revenue generated by Parks and Recreation. This included Greenville’s public golf course where she recorded approximately 182 fraudulent receipts for cash and checks.
“This investigation began when the city reported revenue losses at the public golf course for several subsequent years,” Pickering said. “Ms. Yeager used her position to steal from the taxpayers of Greenville and we will continue to hold public officials accountable for their actions.”
Following her arrest, special agents served Yeager with a demand for $115,892.62, which includes interest and investigative costs. Bond was set at $15,000 and her arraignment date has been set for November 12, 2013.
Yeager had been employed with the Greenville Parks and Recreation Department since 1997.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability