Agents arrest ex-park employee for embezzlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
Tags: arrest, city. city of Greenville, crime, demand, embezzle, embezzlement, Greenville Parks and Recreation Department, law, law enforcement, legal, Mississippi Auditor's Office, Stacey Pickering, state, state agency, state government, State of Mississippi, Yvette Yeager
GREENVILLE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports special agents have arrested Yvette Yeager, a former employee of the Greenville Parks and Recreation Department, following a one count indictment of embezzlement.
Over a five-year period from October 2007-September 2012, Yeager is charged with embezzling $85,155.65 from the City of Greenville. As the Parks Commission director, Yeager was responsible for receiving and depositing revenue generated by Parks and Recreation. This included Greenville’s public golf course where she recorded approximately 182 fraudulent receipts for cash and checks.
“This investigation began when the city reported revenue losses at the public golf course for several subsequent years,” Pickering said. “Ms. Yeager used her position to steal from the taxpayers of Greenville and we will continue to hold public officials accountable for their actions.”
Following her arrest, special agents served Yeager with a demand for $115,892.62, which includes interest and investigative costs. Bond was set at $15,000 and her arraignment date has been set for November 12, 2013.
Yeager had been employed with the Greenville Parks and Recreation Department since 1997.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit