Curt Hébert interviewed, quoted by New York Times, NPR
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
Curt Hébert, a partner with the law firm of Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes, PLLC, was recently interviewed and quoted in four national major media outlets concerning national energy policy. The New York Times and National Public Radio (NPR) quoted Hébert, former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, in stories regarding strategy and preparedness of the country’s power grid against a possible cyber-attack. Hébert was also one of several participants in a mid-August Washington conference on the need to better protect the electric grid from such attacks, which most experts believe are inevitable.
Hébert contributed his knowledge and insights for the 2013 Report Card for America’s Infrastructure by the American Society of Civil Engineers and was featured in a video summary of the report.
Additionally, Fox Business Channel’s Liz Claman interviewed Hébert on the subject of news reports that the United States Department of Justice is investigating trading in energy markets by JPMorgan Chase.
Hébert is a visiting scholar with the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington, D.C., where he co-chairs the Energy Reliability Task Force. He most recently served as CEO of Lexicon Strategy Group, an energy, finance and regulatory law advisory firm with offices in Mississippi, Louisiana and Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player