Dr. Ben Cox named superintendent of Brookhaven schools
The Brookhaven School Board has hired Dr. Ben Cox as its schools superintendent. Cox submitted his resignation to the North Pike School District, where he served as superintendent since May 2000, replacing former superintendent Dr. Jimmy Jones. Before that, Cox was North Pike High School principal for four years. Cox received a bachelor’s, masters’ and doctorate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also taught at USM and at public schools in Hazlehurst and Pearl River County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program