Dr. Ben Cox named superintendent of Brookhaven schools
The Brookhaven School Board has hired Dr. Ben Cox as its schools superintendent. Cox submitted his resignation to the North Pike School District, where he served as superintendent since May 2000, replacing former superintendent Dr. Jimmy Jones. Before that, Cox was North Pike High School principal for four years. Cox received a bachelor’s, masters’ and doctorate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also taught at USM and at public schools in Hazlehurst and Pearl River County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal