Dr. Ben Cox named superintendent of Brookhaven schools
The Brookhaven School Board has hired Dr. Ben Cox as its schools superintendent. Cox submitted his resignation to the North Pike School District, where he served as superintendent since May 2000, replacing former superintendent Dr. Jimmy Jones. Before that, Cox was North Pike High School principal for four years. Cox received a bachelor’s, masters’ and doctorate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also taught at USM and at public schools in Hazlehurst and Pearl River County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money