Dr. Ben Cox named superintendent of Brookhaven schools
The Brookhaven School Board has hired Dr. Ben Cox as its schools superintendent. Cox submitted his resignation to the North Pike School District, where he served as superintendent since May 2000, replacing former superintendent Dr. Jimmy Jones. Before that, Cox was North Pike High School principal for four years. Cox received a bachelor’s, masters’ and doctorate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also taught at USM and at public schools in Hazlehurst and Pearl River County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials