Dr. Howard O. Gibson chosen as MVSU’s associate vice president for student affairs
Dr. Howard O. Gibson, a Jackson native, has been selected as Mississippi Valley State University’s associate vice president for student affairs, enrollment management and diversity. Prior to MVSU, Gibson served as the executive assistant to the chancellor at Baton Rouge Community College in Baton Rouge, La. Other previous positions include business development specialist/instructor in the Title III Program at Hinds Community College-Utica Campus and interim vice president for academic affairs, associate vice president for academic affairs and dean of the School of Business at Arkansas Baptist College in Little Rock, Ark.
Gibson has attended and presented at numerous conferences, seminars/symposiums and workshops. His research is in the field of entrepreneurship and higher education. He has been a member of the American College Personnel Association, Association for Study of Higher Education, HBCU Schools of Business Deans Roundtable and the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
Gibson received a bachelor of business administration in accounting from Jackson State University in May 1998. Continuing his education at Jackson State, he received an MBA in May 2000 and the doctor of philosophy in urban higher education in August 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation