Hosemann chooses Doug Davis
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has hired DeSoto County native Doug Davis to serve as chief of staff for the agency. Davis represented DeSoto County in the Mississippi Senate for seven years, where he served as chairman for both the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Universities and Colleges Committee. After his tenure in the Senate, Gov. Phil Bryant asked Davis to serve as chairman of the Parole Board.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm