Hosemann chooses Doug Davis
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has hired DeSoto County native Doug Davis to serve as chief of staff for the agency. Davis represented DeSoto County in the Mississippi Senate for seven years, where he served as chairman for both the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Universities and Colleges Committee. After his tenure in the Senate, Gov. Phil Bryant asked Davis to serve as chairman of the Parole Board.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren