Hosemann chooses Doug Davis
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has hired DeSoto County native Doug Davis to serve as chief of staff for the agency. Davis represented DeSoto County in the Mississippi Senate for seven years, where he served as chairman for both the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Universities and Colleges Committee. After his tenure in the Senate, Gov. Phil Bryant asked Davis to serve as chairman of the Parole Board.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62