Hosemann chooses Doug Davis
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has hired DeSoto County native Doug Davis to serve as chief of staff for the agency. Davis represented DeSoto County in the Mississippi Senate for seven years, where he served as chairman for both the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Universities and Colleges Committee. After his tenure in the Senate, Gov. Phil Bryant asked Davis to serve as chairman of the Parole Board.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi