Hosemann chooses Doug Davis
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has hired DeSoto County native Doug Davis to serve as chief of staff for the agency. Davis represented DeSoto County in the Mississippi Senate for seven years, where he served as chairman for both the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Universities and Colleges Committee. After his tenure in the Senate, Gov. Phil Bryant asked Davis to serve as chairman of the Parole Board.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money