Jon C. Turner honored as Public Service Award winner for 2013
Jon C. Turner, CPA, of Jackson has been honored by the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2013 Public Service Award winner for his community and statewide civic involvement. Turner is a partner in the Jackson office of BKD, LLP-CPAs and Advisors and served as managing partner of BKD’s Mississippi practice and a predecessor CPA firmm Smith, Turner & Reeves, for a combined 20 years.
Turner serves on the boards of the Mississippi Economic Council (MEC) and the Lefleur East Foundation, and recently the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson, where he chaired the Finance Committee. He has served as president of the Jackson Academy Board of Trustees and on the boards of directors of Christ United Methodist Church and the YMCA of Metro Jackson.
He is a graduate of MEC’s “Leadership Mississippi” program and is an active member of the Rotary Club of North Jackson where he is a past board member and a Paul Harris Fellow.
Turner is a past president of the National Ole Miss Alumni Association and is a member of the University of Mississippi Foundation Board of Directors where he chairs the audit committee. He also serves on the University’s E. H. Patterson School of Accountancy Professional Advisory Council. He has served three terms as an appointed member of the Inter-Alumni Council for Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning. He has been active as advisor and mentor to his college fraternal organization Kappa Alpha Order, and awarded the Knight Commander’s Accolade by the national organization, honored as Alumnus of the Year by the active chapter and inducted into KA’s state-wide Irwin Province Court of Honor.
Turner, a Belzoni native, is a 1978 graduate of the University of Mississippi, Oxford, with a B.B.A. degree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs