José E. Sánchez promoted at Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory
José E. Sánchez was recently promoted to the Senior Executive Service and appointed director of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg. Sánchez served as deputy director of CHL from November 2009 to April 2013, at which time he was selected as the laboratory’s acting director. His experience includes positions as chief of Asset Management for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Washington, D.C., and chief of CHL’s Harbors, Entrances and Structures Branch from 2005 to 2008.
Sánchez earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in civil engineering from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, in 1993 and 1995, respectively. A registered professional engineer in Mississippi, he is a member of the World Association for Waterborne Transport Infrastructure (PIANC) and currently serves as president of the Mississippi professional chapter of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. He has received numerous awards, including being named by Hispanic Business magazine as one of the 100 most influential Hispanics in the United States.
Sánchez and his wife, Daisy, live in Vicksburg and are the proud parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015