Michael Dudley Maples named vice president and chief of medical operations at Baptist Health Systems
Michael Dudley Maples, MD, has joined Baptist Health Systems as vice president and chief of medical operations. Maples comes to Baptist from Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi where he has served as medical director since 2003. From 2002-2007, he was medical reviewer for the State of Mississippi’s Department of Disability Determination. From 1985-2002, Maples was a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon with The Cardiovascular Surgical Clinic of Jackson at Baptist.
Maples attended the University of Mississippi, Vanderbilt University and graduated AOA from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is active in several professional associations including American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, American College of Healthcare Executives and has previously served on Baptist’s credentials committee.
Maples and his wife, Dan Ellen, have three grown children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal