Michael Dudley Maples named vice president and chief of medical operations at Baptist Health Systems
Michael Dudley Maples, MD, has joined Baptist Health Systems as vice president and chief of medical operations. Maples comes to Baptist from Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi where he has served as medical director since 2003. From 2002-2007, he was medical reviewer for the State of Mississippi’s Department of Disability Determination. From 1985-2002, Maples was a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon with The Cardiovascular Surgical Clinic of Jackson at Baptist.
Maples attended the University of Mississippi, Vanderbilt University and graduated AOA from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is active in several professional associations including American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, American College of Healthcare Executives and has previously served on Baptist’s credentials committee.
Maples and his wife, Dan Ellen, have three grown children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data