Michael Dudley Maples named vice president and chief of medical operations at Baptist Health Systems
Michael Dudley Maples, MD, has joined Baptist Health Systems as vice president and chief of medical operations. Maples comes to Baptist from Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi where he has served as medical director since 2003. From 2002-2007, he was medical reviewer for the State of Mississippi’s Department of Disability Determination. From 1985-2002, Maples was a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon with The Cardiovascular Surgical Clinic of Jackson at Baptist.
Maples attended the University of Mississippi, Vanderbilt University and graduated AOA from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is active in several professional associations including American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, American College of Healthcare Executives and has previously served on Baptist’s credentials committee.
Maples and his wife, Dan Ellen, have three grown children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015