Michael Dudley Maples named vice president and chief of medical operations at Baptist Health Systems
Michael Dudley Maples, MD, has joined Baptist Health Systems as vice president and chief of medical operations. Maples comes to Baptist from Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi where he has served as medical director since 2003. From 2002-2007, he was medical reviewer for the State of Mississippi’s Department of Disability Determination. From 1985-2002, Maples was a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon with The Cardiovascular Surgical Clinic of Jackson at Baptist.
Maples attended the University of Mississippi, Vanderbilt University and graduated AOA from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is active in several professional associations including American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, American College of Healthcare Executives and has previously served on Baptist’s credentials committee.
Maples and his wife, Dan Ellen, have three grown children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium