Michael Dudley Maples named vice president and chief of medical operations at Baptist Health Systems
Michael Dudley Maples, MD, has joined Baptist Health Systems as vice president and chief of medical operations. Maples comes to Baptist from Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi where he has served as medical director since 2003. From 2002-2007, he was medical reviewer for the State of Mississippi’s Department of Disability Determination. From 1985-2002, Maples was a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon with The Cardiovascular Surgical Clinic of Jackson at Baptist.
Maples attended the University of Mississippi, Vanderbilt University and graduated AOA from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is active in several professional associations including American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, Mississippi State Medical Association, American College of Healthcare Executives and has previously served on Baptist’s credentials committee.
Maples and his wife, Dan Ellen, have three grown children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk