Sanderson gets new, increased credit for future growth
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc.’s existing revolving credit facility through a consortium of banks has been increased from $500 million to $600 million.
The credit remains unsecured and certain covenants related to the poultry company’s financial condition and capital expenditure needs have been amended in anticipation of Sanderson’s future growth plans.
In addition, the termination date has been extended to Oct. 24, 2018, unless otherwise extended. As of Oct. 24, 2013, the company had no outstanding borrowings under the then existing revolving credit facility, but Sanderson did have approximately $11.0 million outstanding letters of credit under the credit facility.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “We are pleased to make these amendments to our credit facility to support our strategic growth plan for the next five years, including the construction of our new poultry complex in Palestine, Texas. We appreciate the support of our bank group and we believe the amended terms and covenants reflect their confidence in the future of Sanderson Farms.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015