Sanderson gets new, increased credit for future growth
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc.’s existing revolving credit facility through a consortium of banks has been increased from $500 million to $600 million.
The credit remains unsecured and certain covenants related to the poultry company’s financial condition and capital expenditure needs have been amended in anticipation of Sanderson’s future growth plans.
In addition, the termination date has been extended to Oct. 24, 2018, unless otherwise extended. As of Oct. 24, 2013, the company had no outstanding borrowings under the then existing revolving credit facility, but Sanderson did have approximately $11.0 million outstanding letters of credit under the credit facility.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “We are pleased to make these amendments to our credit facility to support our strategic growth plan for the next five years, including the construction of our new poultry complex in Palestine, Texas. We appreciate the support of our bank group and we believe the amended terms and covenants reflect their confidence in the future of Sanderson Farms.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law