Tom Moorman replacing Curtis Hopkins at Ducks Unlimited
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 25,2013
Tom Moorman, Ph.D., has been selected to replace the retiring Curtis Hopkins, Ph.D., as director of operations for Ducks Unlimited’s Southern Region. Moorman will oversee DU’s conservation delivery in 13 states.
Moorman came into the public spotlight as the leader of DU’s Gulf Coast Oil Spill Response Team in 2010, but his contributions to wildlife management and conservation planning have been known in the field for some time. Utilizing his extensive experience with waterfowl and wetland research and management, Moorman has guided DU’s planning and evaluation within the 13-state Southern Region to strengthen the science underlying DU’s conservation programs.
Moorman received a bachelor of science from Ohio University, a master’s in wildlife science from Auburn and a doctorate in wildlife ecology from the State University of New York. He has received a number of awards from within and outside DU, including the national 2012 Jim McDonough Award from The Wildlife Society.
Moorman will assume his new position on Nov. 1 and will continue working out of DU’s Southern Regional Office in Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues