Community college gets good ‘report card’ for retention
Published: October 30,2013
SENATOBIA — Northwest Mississippi Community College ranked above state averages in categories scored by the Community College Report Card.
The Senatobia-based school did better than the average in four categories on the report card, which is issued for community colleges throughout Mississippi under a bill approved by the state legislature in 2010.
The Commercial Appeal reports NWCC had a 64.5 retention rate for both Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science programs, 7.5 percent higher than the state average.
The percentage of students who took developmental English and went on to complete college-level English courses was 77.4 percent, 5 points over the state average.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015