Community college gets good ‘report card’ for retention
by Associated Press
Published: October 30,2013
SENATOBIA — Northwest Mississippi Community College ranked above state averages in categories scored by the Community College Report Card.
The Senatobia-based school did better than the average in four categories on the report card, which is issued for community colleges throughout Mississippi under a bill approved by the state legislature in 2010.
The Commercial Appeal reports NWCC had a 64.5 retention rate for both Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science programs, 7.5 percent higher than the state average.
The percentage of students who took developmental English and went on to complete college-level English courses was 77.4 percent, 5 points over the state average.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month