Community college gets good ‘report card’ for retention
Published: October 30,2013
SENATOBIA — Northwest Mississippi Community College ranked above state averages in categories scored by the Community College Report Card.
The Senatobia-based school did better than the average in four categories on the report card, which is issued for community colleges throughout Mississippi under a bill approved by the state legislature in 2010.
The Commercial Appeal reports NWCC had a 64.5 retention rate for both Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science programs, 7.5 percent higher than the state average.
The percentage of students who took developmental English and went on to complete college-level English courses was 77.4 percent, 5 points over the state average.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location