Community college gets good ‘report card’ for retention
Published: October 30,2013
SENATOBIA — Northwest Mississippi Community College ranked above state averages in categories scored by the Community College Report Card.
The Senatobia-based school did better than the average in four categories on the report card, which is issued for community colleges throughout Mississippi under a bill approved by the state legislature in 2010.
The Commercial Appeal reports NWCC had a 64.5 retention rate for both Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science programs, 7.5 percent higher than the state average.
The percentage of students who took developmental English and went on to complete college-level English courses was 77.4 percent, 5 points over the state average.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules