Community college gets good ‘report card’ for retention
Published: October 30,2013
SENATOBIA — Northwest Mississippi Community College ranked above state averages in categories scored by the Community College Report Card.
The Senatobia-based school did better than the average in four categories on the report card, which is issued for community colleges throughout Mississippi under a bill approved by the state legislature in 2010.
The Commercial Appeal reports NWCC had a 64.5 retention rate for both Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science programs, 7.5 percent higher than the state average.
The percentage of students who took developmental English and went on to complete college-level English courses was 77.4 percent, 5 points over the state average.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years