Siemens puts new assembly line to work, adds 40 jobs
RICHLAND, Mississippi – High voltage transmission equipment maker Siemens Energy Inc. has added 40 jobs after completing a new assembly line for the production of transformers.
The expansion created a third shift at the facility here that employs 400 people .
The plant, which the company opened in 1973, manufactures Siemens power circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and transformers, as well as distributes surge arresters and insulators.
The Mississippi Development Authority assisted Siemens with a previous expansion project in 2007 to assemble and test a new circuit breaker. That project created more than 20 jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation