New farmers market to hold soft opening this weekend
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
EDWARDS — The Town of Edwards will present the “Edwards Farmers Market Soft Opening Day” with a ribbon cutting ceremony by Mayor RL Perkins and District 63 Representative Deborah Butler Dixon
The event will be held on Town Square at 310 Front Street (the 2013 interim location) Nov. 2 from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
The event will kick off the effort to attract local residents, area visitors and a variety of vendors for the upcoming 2014 market season, which will be permanently located at the Edwards Multi-Purpose Complex, also known as the Livestock Arena. The overall goal is to encourage residents to support community economical development and healthier lifestyles by supporting local farmers and vendors.
For more information, contact interim market coordinator Samanda Marshall at (601) 937-0798 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics