New farmers market to hold soft opening this weekend
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
EDWARDS — The Town of Edwards will present the “Edwards Farmers Market Soft Opening Day” with a ribbon cutting ceremony by Mayor RL Perkins and District 63 Representative Deborah Butler Dixon
The event will be held on Town Square at 310 Front Street (the 2013 interim location) Nov. 2 from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
The event will kick off the effort to attract local residents, area visitors and a variety of vendors for the upcoming 2014 market season, which will be permanently located at the Edwards Multi-Purpose Complex, also known as the Livestock Arena. The overall goal is to encourage residents to support community economical development and healthier lifestyles by supporting local farmers and vendors.
For more information, contact interim market coordinator Samanda Marshall at (601) 937-0798 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three