New farmers market to hold soft opening this weekend
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
EDWARDS — The Town of Edwards will present the “Edwards Farmers Market Soft Opening Day” with a ribbon cutting ceremony by Mayor RL Perkins and District 63 Representative Deborah Butler Dixon
The event will be held on Town Square at 310 Front Street (the 2013 interim location) Nov. 2 from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
The event will kick off the effort to attract local residents, area visitors and a variety of vendors for the upcoming 2014 market season, which will be permanently located at the Edwards Multi-Purpose Complex, also known as the Livestock Arena. The overall goal is to encourage residents to support community economical development and healthier lifestyles by supporting local farmers and vendors.
For more information, contact interim market coordinator Samanda Marshall at (601) 937-0798 or via email at email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015