Renovations underway at Golden Triangle airport
Published: October 31,2013
COLUMBUS — The Golden Triangle Regional Airport is undergoing a major renovation project with the help of a grant.
WTVA TV reports a total of 171 yards of concrete were put down in about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning.
This will provide a base for asphalt to be put on the entrances and exits in and out of the taxiways.
The entire taxi way will be repaved once the entrances and exits to the taxiways have been widened.
The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft once renovations are completed.
All of the renovations are expected to be fully completed by the first of the year.
A $3.4-million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mississippi Department of Transportation is paying for the renovations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth