Renovations underway at Golden Triangle airport
Published: October 31,2013
COLUMBUS — The Golden Triangle Regional Airport is undergoing a major renovation project with the help of a grant.
WTVA TV reports a total of 171 yards of concrete were put down in about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning.
This will provide a base for asphalt to be put on the entrances and exits in and out of the taxiways.
The entire taxi way will be repaved once the entrances and exits to the taxiways have been widened.
The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft once renovations are completed.
All of the renovations are expected to be fully completed by the first of the year.
A $3.4-million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mississippi Department of Transportation is paying for the renovations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts