Renovations underway at Golden Triangle airport
Published: October 31,2013
COLUMBUS — The Golden Triangle Regional Airport is undergoing a major renovation project with the help of a grant.
WTVA TV reports a total of 171 yards of concrete were put down in about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning.
This will provide a base for asphalt to be put on the entrances and exits in and out of the taxiways.
The entire taxi way will be repaved once the entrances and exits to the taxiways have been widened.
The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft once renovations are completed.
All of the renovations are expected to be fully completed by the first of the year.
A $3.4-million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mississippi Department of Transportation is paying for the renovations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor