Renovations underway at Golden Triangle airport
Published: October 31,2013
COLUMBUS — The Golden Triangle Regional Airport is undergoing a major renovation project with the help of a grant.
WTVA TV reports a total of 171 yards of concrete were put down in about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning.
This will provide a base for asphalt to be put on the entrances and exits in and out of the taxiways.
The entire taxi way will be repaved once the entrances and exits to the taxiways have been widened.
The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft once renovations are completed.
All of the renovations are expected to be fully completed by the first of the year.
A $3.4-million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mississippi Department of Transportation is paying for the renovations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments