Renovations underway at Golden Triangle airport
Published: October 31,2013
COLUMBUS — The Golden Triangle Regional Airport is undergoing a major renovation project with the help of a grant.
WTVA TV reports a total of 171 yards of concrete were put down in about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning.
This will provide a base for asphalt to be put on the entrances and exits in and out of the taxiways.
The entire taxi way will be repaved once the entrances and exits to the taxiways have been widened.
The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft once renovations are completed.
All of the renovations are expected to be fully completed by the first of the year.
A $3.4-million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration and the Mississippi Department of Transportation is paying for the renovations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs