USM’s Polymer Institute signs MOU with WIINTECH
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
Tags: education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, International K Fair, Memorandum of Understanding, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastic, polymer, postsecondary education, public university, resear and development, School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, technology, university, University of Southern Mississippi, WIINTECH
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the WIINTECH group, which signifies the first official step in moving local Mississippi businesses toward international collaboration with the companies that are a part of that network.
In the spring of 2012, Mississippi Polymer Institute, along with the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials at the University of Southern Mississippi, hosted a group of European representatives from the “Worldwide Intercluster Initiative for New materials and processes focused on clean TECHnologies” or WIINTECH, to build research relationships and pursue business development across the state of Mississippi.
MPI recently attended the International K Fair, the largest plastics and rubber trade show in the world, in Dusseldorf, Germany to continue this initiative with the WIINTECH representatives. The MOU was signed during that international fair.
The WIINTECH network links eight European world-class clusters representing more than 2,500 companies and research centers working in materials and processes applied to clean technologies. The project aims to identify and initiate opportunities for business development between the European sector and overseas partner clusters. This includes setting up research and development partnerships, establishing technology transfer activities, and encouraging trade arrangements to assist companies in growing commercial relationships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind