USM’s Polymer Institute signs MOU with WIINTECH
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
Tags: education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, International K Fair, Memorandum of Understanding, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastic, polymer, postsecondary education, public university, resear and development, School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, technology, university, University of Southern Mississippi, WIINTECH
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the WIINTECH group, which signifies the first official step in moving local Mississippi businesses toward international collaboration with the companies that are a part of that network.
In the spring of 2012, Mississippi Polymer Institute, along with the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials at the University of Southern Mississippi, hosted a group of European representatives from the “Worldwide Intercluster Initiative for New materials and processes focused on clean TECHnologies” or WIINTECH, to build research relationships and pursue business development across the state of Mississippi.
MPI recently attended the International K Fair, the largest plastics and rubber trade show in the world, in Dusseldorf, Germany to continue this initiative with the WIINTECH representatives. The MOU was signed during that international fair.
The WIINTECH network links eight European world-class clusters representing more than 2,500 companies and research centers working in materials and processes applied to clean technologies. The project aims to identify and initiate opportunities for business development between the European sector and overseas partner clusters. This includes setting up research and development partnerships, establishing technology transfer activities, and encouraging trade arrangements to assist companies in growing commercial relationships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!