USM’s Polymer Institute signs MOU with WIINTECH
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2013
Tags: education, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, International K Fair, Memorandum of Understanding, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastic, polymer, postsecondary education, public university, resear and development, School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, technology, university, University of Southern Mississippi, WIINTECH
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the WIINTECH group, which signifies the first official step in moving local Mississippi businesses toward international collaboration with the companies that are a part of that network.
In the spring of 2012, Mississippi Polymer Institute, along with the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials at the University of Southern Mississippi, hosted a group of European representatives from the “Worldwide Intercluster Initiative for New materials and processes focused on clean TECHnologies” or WIINTECH, to build research relationships and pursue business development across the state of Mississippi.
MPI recently attended the International K Fair, the largest plastics and rubber trade show in the world, in Dusseldorf, Germany to continue this initiative with the WIINTECH representatives. The MOU was signed during that international fair.
The WIINTECH network links eight European world-class clusters representing more than 2,500 companies and research centers working in materials and processes applied to clean technologies. The project aims to identify and initiate opportunities for business development between the European sector and overseas partner clusters. This includes setting up research and development partnerships, establishing technology transfer activities, and encouraging trade arrangements to assist companies in growing commercial relationships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- MARK BLACKWELL: Cyber security insurance perhaps?