Cochran: Navy to move Seabee personnel to Coast facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
Tags: defense, military, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27, Seabees, Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, Senator, Seventh Naval Construction Regiment, Thad Cochran, U.S. Navy
GULFPORT — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is encouraged by the U.S. Navy’s plan to move Seabee personnel to the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport within a year.
The Navy has informed Cochran, the vice chairman of the Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, of its intent to transfer Seabee personnel to Gulfport. The permanent duty station change requests would involve a total of 31 officer and enlisted billets, with an estimated $2.65-million annual payroll.
The Navy notices involve the transfer of two officer billets and 17 enlisted billets from the Seventh Naval Construction Regiment to Gulfport, as well as one officer billet and another 11 enlisted billets from the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27. The personnel moves would be effective Oct. 1, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal