Cochran: Navy to move Seabee personnel to Coast facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
Tags: defense, military, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27, Seabees, Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, Senator, Seventh Naval Construction Regiment, Thad Cochran, U.S. Navy
GULFPORT — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is encouraged by the U.S. Navy’s plan to move Seabee personnel to the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport within a year.
The Navy has informed Cochran, the vice chairman of the Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, of its intent to transfer Seabee personnel to Gulfport. The permanent duty station change requests would involve a total of 31 officer and enlisted billets, with an estimated $2.65-million annual payroll.
The Navy notices involve the transfer of two officer billets and 17 enlisted billets from the Seventh Naval Construction Regiment to Gulfport, as well as one officer billet and another 11 enlisted billets from the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27. The personnel moves would be effective Oct. 1, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'