Cochran: Navy to move Seabee personnel to Coast facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
Tags: defense, military, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27, Seabees, Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, Senator, Seventh Naval Construction Regiment, Thad Cochran, U.S. Navy
GULFPORT — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is encouraged by the U.S. Navy’s plan to move Seabee personnel to the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport within a year.
The Navy has informed Cochran, the vice chairman of the Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, of its intent to transfer Seabee personnel to Gulfport. The permanent duty station change requests would involve a total of 31 officer and enlisted billets, with an estimated $2.65-million annual payroll.
The Navy notices involve the transfer of two officer billets and 17 enlisted billets from the Seventh Naval Construction Regiment to Gulfport, as well as one officer billet and another 11 enlisted billets from the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27. The personnel moves would be effective Oct. 1, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain