Cochran: Navy to move Seabee personnel to Coast facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
Tags: defense, military, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27, Seabees, Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, Senator, Seventh Naval Construction Regiment, Thad Cochran, U.S. Navy
GULFPORT — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is encouraged by the U.S. Navy’s plan to move Seabee personnel to the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport within a year.
The Navy has informed Cochran, the vice chairman of the Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, of its intent to transfer Seabee personnel to Gulfport. The permanent duty station change requests would involve a total of 31 officer and enlisted billets, with an estimated $2.65-million annual payroll.
The Navy notices involve the transfer of two officer billets and 17 enlisted billets from the Seventh Naval Construction Regiment to Gulfport, as well as one officer billet and another 11 enlisted billets from the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27. The personnel moves would be effective Oct. 1, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state