Cochran: Navy to move Seabee personnel to Coast facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
Tags: defense, military, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27, Seabees, Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, Senator, Seventh Naval Construction Regiment, Thad Cochran, U.S. Navy
GULFPORT — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is encouraged by the U.S. Navy’s plan to move Seabee personnel to the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport within a year.
The Navy has informed Cochran, the vice chairman of the Senate Defense Appropriation Subcommittee, of its intent to transfer Seabee personnel to Gulfport. The permanent duty station change requests would involve a total of 31 officer and enlisted billets, with an estimated $2.65-million annual payroll.
The Navy notices involve the transfer of two officer billets and 17 enlisted billets from the Seventh Naval Construction Regiment to Gulfport, as well as one officer billet and another 11 enlisted billets from the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 27. The personnel moves would be effective Oct. 1, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs