DESIGNING WINNERS — American Institute of Architects-Mississippi celebrates excellence
Published: November 1,2013
On Oct. 17, the American Institute of Architects-Mississippi held its Mississippi Celebrates Architecture, which included this year’s Design Excellence Awards presentation.
Perhaps the event itself was as important as the winners. For the first time in recent memory, the program, which was held in Jackson, included the presentation of the Design Excellence Awards and Community and Membership Awards as well as recognition of newly licensed architects.
The new format’s aim was to draw more awareness and attention to the state’s design community, and organizers were pleased with the results. Nearly 200 individuals attended the event.
“We were extremely pleased with this year’s program, and are already going over scripts and seeing what we can do differently for next year’s program,” said Anne Marie Decker, AIA, of Duvall Decker Architects, P.A., who is president of AIAMS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river