DESIGNING WINNERS — American Institute of Architects-Mississippi celebrates excellence
by Wally Northway
Published: November 1,2013
On Oct. 17, the American Institute of Architects-Mississippi held its Mississippi Celebrates Architecture, which included this year’s Design Excellence Awards presentation.
Perhaps the event itself was as important as the winners. For the first time in recent memory, the program, which was held in Jackson, included the presentation of the Design Excellence Awards and Community and Membership Awards as well as recognition of newly licensed architects.
The new format’s aim was to draw more awareness and attention to the state’s design community, and organizers were pleased with the results. Nearly 200 individuals attended the event.
“We were extremely pleased with this year’s program, and are already going over scripts and seeing what we can do differently for next year’s program,” said Anne Marie Decker, AIA, of Duvall Decker Architects, P.A., who is president of AIAMS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release