DESIGNING WINNERS — American Institute of Architects-Mississippi celebrates excellence
Published: November 1,2013
On Oct. 17, the American Institute of Architects-Mississippi held its Mississippi Celebrates Architecture, which included this year’s Design Excellence Awards presentation.
Perhaps the event itself was as important as the winners. For the first time in recent memory, the program, which was held in Jackson, included the presentation of the Design Excellence Awards and Community and Membership Awards as well as recognition of newly licensed architects.
The new format’s aim was to draw more awareness and attention to the state’s design community, and organizers were pleased with the results. Nearly 200 individuals attended the event.
“We were extremely pleased with this year’s program, and are already going over scripts and seeing what we can do differently for next year’s program,” said Anne Marie Decker, AIA, of Duvall Decker Architects, P.A., who is president of AIAMS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player