DESIGNING WINNERS — American Institute of Architects-Mississippi celebrates excellence
Published: November 1,2013
On Oct. 17, the American Institute of Architects-Mississippi held its Mississippi Celebrates Architecture, which included this year’s Design Excellence Awards presentation.
Perhaps the event itself was as important as the winners. For the first time in recent memory, the program, which was held in Jackson, included the presentation of the Design Excellence Awards and Community and Membership Awards as well as recognition of newly licensed architects.
The new format’s aim was to draw more awareness and attention to the state’s design community, and organizers were pleased with the results. Nearly 200 individuals attended the event.
“We were extremely pleased with this year’s program, and are already going over scripts and seeing what we can do differently for next year’s program,” said Anne Marie Decker, AIA, of Duvall Decker Architects, P.A., who is president of AIAMS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts