DESIGNING WINNERS — American Institute of Architects-Mississippi celebrates excellence
Published: November 1,2013
On Oct. 17, the American Institute of Architects-Mississippi held its Mississippi Celebrates Architecture, which included this year’s Design Excellence Awards presentation.
Perhaps the event itself was as important as the winners. For the first time in recent memory, the program, which was held in Jackson, included the presentation of the Design Excellence Awards and Community and Membership Awards as well as recognition of newly licensed architects.
The new format’s aim was to draw more awareness and attention to the state’s design community, and organizers were pleased with the results. Nearly 200 individuals attended the event.
“We were extremely pleased with this year’s program, and are already going over scripts and seeing what we can do differently for next year’s program,” said Anne Marie Decker, AIA, of Duvall Decker Architects, P.A., who is president of AIAMS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force