The First reports improved quarter, nine-month period
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 1,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reports net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended Sept. 30 was $998,000, or $0.19 per diluted share, compared to $766,000, or $0.24 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2012, an increase of $232,000, or 30.3 percent.
Net income available to common shareholders exclusive of merger-related costs was $1,305,000, or $0.25 per diluted share, a 70.4 percent increase over the same quarter in 2012.
Net income available to common stockholders for the nine months ended Sept. 30 totaled $2,823,000, or $0.69 per diluted share, compared to $2,562,000, or $0.82 per diluted share, for the same period in 2012, an increase of $261,000, or 10.2 percent. Net income available to common shareholders exclusive of one-time items was $3,465,000, or $0.84 per diluted share, a 35.2 percent increase over the same period in 2012.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “We successfully completed the system integration of our recent acquisition during the quarter and are encouraged by the contributions this expansion is making to our overall franchise. We continue to see a gradual improvement in economic conditions throughout the communities we serve. We generated $14.7 million in loan growth quarter over quarter and are excited about the future prospects for growth both in our legacy and newly acquired markets.”
The First also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be Nov. 12 with a payable date of Nov. 27.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager