Kirklin replacing Thorn as director of convention center
by Associated Press
Published: November 4,2013
Tags: Annette Kirklin, convention, executive director, meeting, Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation, Troy Thorn, VenuWorks, Vicksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau, Vicksburg Convention Center, visitor
VICKSBURG — The Vicksburg Convention Center is getting a new executive director.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Annette Kirklin’s hiring was announced Friday by VenuWorks, an Iowa-based company that manages the convention center under a city contract.
Kirklin has served as director of the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation and Center for the past six years. She is scheduled to start her new job on Dec. 2.
Kirklin will replace Troy Thorn, who is taking another position with VenuWorks. Thursday was Thorn’s last day as executive director of the convention center.
Kirklin is a Vicksburg resident who also chairs the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau’s board of directors.
She will be the third executive director for the convention center since VenuWorks signed its first management contract with the city in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues