Kirklin replacing Thorn as director of convention center
by Associated Press
Published: November 4,2013
Tags: Annette Kirklin, convention, executive director, meeting, Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation, Troy Thorn, VenuWorks, Vicksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau, Vicksburg Convention Center, visitor
VICKSBURG — The Vicksburg Convention Center is getting a new executive director.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Annette Kirklin’s hiring was announced Friday by VenuWorks, an Iowa-based company that manages the convention center under a city contract.
Kirklin has served as director of the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation and Center for the past six years. She is scheduled to start her new job on Dec. 2.
Kirklin will replace Troy Thorn, who is taking another position with VenuWorks. Thursday was Thorn’s last day as executive director of the convention center.
Kirklin is a Vicksburg resident who also chairs the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau’s board of directors.
She will be the third executive director for the convention center since VenuWorks signed its first management contract with the city in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county