Kirklin replacing Thorn as director of convention center
Published: November 4,2013
Tags: Annette Kirklin, convention, executive director, meeting, Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation, Troy Thorn, VenuWorks, Vicksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau, Vicksburg Convention Center, visitor
VICKSBURG — The Vicksburg Convention Center is getting a new executive director.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Annette Kirklin’s hiring was announced Friday by VenuWorks, an Iowa-based company that manages the convention center under a city contract.
Kirklin has served as director of the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation and Center for the past six years. She is scheduled to start her new job on Dec. 2.
Kirklin will replace Troy Thorn, who is taking another position with VenuWorks. Thursday was Thorn’s last day as executive director of the convention center.
Kirklin is a Vicksburg resident who also chairs the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau’s board of directors.
She will be the third executive director for the convention center since VenuWorks signed its first management contract with the city in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar