Kirklin replacing Thorn as director of convention center
Published: November 4,2013
Tags: Annette Kirklin, convention, executive director, meeting, Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation, Troy Thorn, VenuWorks, Vicksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau, Vicksburg Convention Center, visitor
VICKSBURG — The Vicksburg Convention Center is getting a new executive director.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Annette Kirklin’s hiring was announced Friday by VenuWorks, an Iowa-based company that manages the convention center under a city contract.
Kirklin has served as director of the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation and Center for the past six years. She is scheduled to start her new job on Dec. 2.
Kirklin will replace Troy Thorn, who is taking another position with VenuWorks. Thursday was Thorn’s last day as executive director of the convention center.
Kirklin is a Vicksburg resident who also chairs the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau’s board of directors.
She will be the third executive director for the convention center since VenuWorks signed its first management contract with the city in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015