Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp
Published: November 5,2013
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., of Lafayette, La., will acquire Britton & Koontz Capital Corp., including its three Baton Rouge, La., branches, under a $34.5-million deal.
Britton & Koontz, the holding company for Britton & Koontz Bank, is based in Natchez. The bank also has five branches in Mississippi.
Home Bancorp is the holding company for Home Bank.
The Advocate reports that under the deal announced today, B&K Capital shareholders will receive $16.14 in cash for each share of stock.
As of Sept. 30, Britton & Koontz had assets of $313 million, $175 million in loans and $224 million in deposits.
The combined company will have assets of around $1.2 billion, $843 million in loans and $990 million in deposits. It also doubles Home Bancorp’s Baton Rouge loan and deposit base.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate