Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp
Published: November 5,2013
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., of Lafayette, La., will acquire Britton & Koontz Capital Corp., including its three Baton Rouge, La., branches, under a $34.5-million deal.
Britton & Koontz, the holding company for Britton & Koontz Bank, is based in Natchez. The bank also has five branches in Mississippi.
Home Bancorp is the holding company for Home Bank.
The Advocate reports that under the deal announced today, B&K Capital shareholders will receive $16.14 in cash for each share of stock.
As of Sept. 30, Britton & Koontz had assets of $313 million, $175 million in loans and $224 million in deposits.
The combined company will have assets of around $1.2 billion, $843 million in loans and $990 million in deposits. It also doubles Home Bancorp’s Baton Rouge loan and deposit base.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson