Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp
Published: November 5,2013
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., of Lafayette, La., will acquire Britton & Koontz Capital Corp., including its three Baton Rouge, La., branches, under a $34.5-million deal.
Britton & Koontz, the holding company for Britton & Koontz Bank, is based in Natchez. The bank also has five branches in Mississippi.
Home Bancorp is the holding company for Home Bank.
The Advocate reports that under the deal announced today, B&K Capital shareholders will receive $16.14 in cash for each share of stock.
As of Sept. 30, Britton & Koontz had assets of $313 million, $175 million in loans and $224 million in deposits.
The combined company will have assets of around $1.2 billion, $843 million in loans and $990 million in deposits. It also doubles Home Bancorp’s Baton Rouge loan and deposit base.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November