Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp
Published: November 5,2013
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., of Lafayette, La., will acquire Britton & Koontz Capital Corp., including its three Baton Rouge, La., branches, under a $34.5-million deal.
Britton & Koontz, the holding company for Britton & Koontz Bank, is based in Natchez. The bank also has five branches in Mississippi.
Home Bancorp is the holding company for Home Bank.
The Advocate reports that under the deal announced today, B&K Capital shareholders will receive $16.14 in cash for each share of stock.
As of Sept. 30, Britton & Koontz had assets of $313 million, $175 million in loans and $224 million in deposits.
The combined company will have assets of around $1.2 billion, $843 million in loans and $990 million in deposits. It also doubles Home Bancorp’s Baton Rouge loan and deposit base.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant