Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp
Published: November 5,2013
NATCHEZ — Home Bancorp Inc., of Lafayette, La., will acquire Britton & Koontz Capital Corp., including its three Baton Rouge, La., branches, under a $34.5-million deal.
Britton & Koontz, the holding company for Britton & Koontz Bank, is based in Natchez. The bank also has five branches in Mississippi.
Home Bancorp is the holding company for Home Bank.
The Advocate reports that under the deal announced today, B&K Capital shareholders will receive $16.14 in cash for each share of stock.
As of Sept. 30, Britton & Koontz had assets of $313 million, $175 million in loans and $224 million in deposits.
The combined company will have assets of around $1.2 billion, $843 million in loans and $990 million in deposits. It also doubles Home Bancorp’s Baton Rouge loan and deposit base.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Britton & Koontz Capital selling to Home Bancorp”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation