Pensacola-based company wins contract for air station demolition
Published: November 5,2013
MERIDIAN — A Florida company has been awarded a contract to demolish four buildings at the naval air station in Meridian.
The Meridian Star reports that Gulf Coast Architectural Group Inc., based in Pensacola, got the contract from the Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
The initial task order for $117,879 was awarded for planning associated with the demolition. That work is expected to be completed by March 2014.
The targeted buildings include a former barracks for enlisted personnel, a former garage and vehicle storage area, a picnic shelter and a former day care center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications