Pensacola-based company wins contract for air station demolition
Published: November 5,2013
MERIDIAN — A Florida company has been awarded a contract to demolish four buildings at the naval air station in Meridian.
The Meridian Star reports that Gulf Coast Architectural Group Inc., based in Pensacola, got the contract from the Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
The initial task order for $117,879 was awarded for planning associated with the demolition. That work is expected to be completed by March 2014.
The targeted buildings include a former barracks for enlisted personnel, a former garage and vehicle storage area, a picnic shelter and a former day care center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three