Pensacola-based company wins contract for air station demolition
Published: November 5,2013
MERIDIAN — A Florida company has been awarded a contract to demolish four buildings at the naval air station in Meridian.
The Meridian Star reports that Gulf Coast Architectural Group Inc., based in Pensacola, got the contract from the Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
The initial task order for $117,879 was awarded for planning associated with the demolition. That work is expected to be completed by March 2014.
The targeted buildings include a former barracks for enlisted personnel, a former garage and vehicle storage area, a picnic shelter and a former day care center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit