Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: Advantage Rent A Car, Auto Rental Resource Center, bankrupt, bankruptcy, bench, car, court, Franchise Services of North America Inc., judicial, judiciary, justice, Peakstone Financial Services, PractiCar, rantal car, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, Simply Wheelz LLC, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Xpress Rent A Car
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc.’s (FSNA) wholly owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, has filed for U.S. federal bankruptcy protection in Mississippi.
First-day motions with respect thereto have been scheduled for tomorrow.
FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states including airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast