Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: Advantage Rent A Car, Auto Rental Resource Center, bankrupt, bankruptcy, bench, car, court, Franchise Services of North America Inc., judicial, judiciary, justice, Peakstone Financial Services, PractiCar, rantal car, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, Simply Wheelz LLC, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Xpress Rent A Car
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc.’s (FSNA) wholly owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, has filed for U.S. federal bankruptcy protection in Mississippi.
First-day motions with respect thereto have been scheduled for tomorrow.
FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states including airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate