Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: Advantage Rent A Car, Auto Rental Resource Center, bankrupt, bankruptcy, bench, car, court, Franchise Services of North America Inc., judicial, judiciary, justice, Peakstone Financial Services, PractiCar, rantal car, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, Simply Wheelz LLC, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Xpress Rent A Car
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc.’s (FSNA) wholly owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, has filed for U.S. federal bankruptcy protection in Mississippi.
First-day motions with respect thereto have been scheduled for tomorrow.
FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states including airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports