Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: Advantage Rent A Car, Auto Rental Resource Center, bankrupt, bankruptcy, bench, car, court, Franchise Services of North America Inc., judicial, judiciary, justice, Peakstone Financial Services, PractiCar, rantal car, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, Simply Wheelz LLC, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Xpress Rent A Car
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc.’s (FSNA) wholly owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, has filed for U.S. federal bankruptcy protection in Mississippi.
First-day motions with respect thereto have been scheduled for tomorrow.
FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states including airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology