Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: Advantage Rent A Car, Auto Rental Resource Center, bankrupt, bankruptcy, bench, car, court, Franchise Services of North America Inc., judicial, judiciary, justice, Peakstone Financial Services, PractiCar, rantal car, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, Simply Wheelz LLC, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Xpress Rent A Car
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc.’s (FSNA) wholly owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, has filed for U.S. federal bankruptcy protection in Mississippi.
First-day motions with respect thereto have been scheduled for tomorrow.
FSNA is a publicly traded company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The company and its subsidiaries own Advantage Rent A Car, U-Save Car & Truck Rental, U-Save Car Sales, Rent-A-Wreck of Canada, PractiCar, Auto Rental Resource Center, Xpress Rent A Car and Peakstone Financial Services.
The Company operates the Advantage car rental brand at 72 corporate locations in 33 states including airport locations servicing 60 of the top 70 airports across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Advantage Rent A Car files for federal bankruptcy”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center