City signs contract for emergency gas supply
Published: November 6,2013
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg Public Works director Garnet Van Norman says a new agreement between the City of Vicksburg and Southern Natural Gas Co. gives the city an alternate source of natural gas in case of emergency.
The Board of Aldermen authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to sign the agreement with the Birmingham-based gas service provider. The agreement was drawn up to maintain and keep open an inactive gas metering station for an annual fee of $3,000.
The Vicksburg Post reports Southern was once a natural gas vendor for the city. The station has been inactive since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history