City signs contract for emergency gas supply
Published: November 6,2013
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg Public Works director Garnet Van Norman says a new agreement between the City of Vicksburg and Southern Natural Gas Co. gives the city an alternate source of natural gas in case of emergency.
The Board of Aldermen authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to sign the agreement with the Birmingham-based gas service provider. The agreement was drawn up to maintain and keep open an inactive gas metering station for an annual fee of $3,000.
The Vicksburg Post reports Southern was once a natural gas vendor for the city. The station has been inactive since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge