City signs contract for emergency gas supply
Published: November 6,2013
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg Public Works director Garnet Van Norman says a new agreement between the City of Vicksburg and Southern Natural Gas Co. gives the city an alternate source of natural gas in case of emergency.
The Board of Aldermen authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to sign the agreement with the Birmingham-based gas service provider. The agreement was drawn up to maintain and keep open an inactive gas metering station for an annual fee of $3,000.
The Vicksburg Post reports Southern was once a natural gas vendor for the city. The station has been inactive since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'