City signs contract for emergency gas supply
Published: November 6,2013
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg Public Works director Garnet Van Norman says a new agreement between the City of Vicksburg and Southern Natural Gas Co. gives the city an alternate source of natural gas in case of emergency.
The Board of Aldermen authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to sign the agreement with the Birmingham-based gas service provider. The agreement was drawn up to maintain and keep open an inactive gas metering station for an annual fee of $3,000.
The Vicksburg Post reports Southern was once a natural gas vendor for the city. The station has been inactive since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41