City signs contract for emergency gas supply
by Associated Press
Published: November 6,2013
VICKSBURG — Vicksburg Public Works director Garnet Van Norman says a new agreement between the City of Vicksburg and Southern Natural Gas Co. gives the city an alternate source of natural gas in case of emergency.
The Board of Aldermen authorized Mayor George Flaggs Jr. to sign the agreement with the Birmingham-based gas service provider. The agreement was drawn up to maintain and keep open an inactive gas metering station for an annual fee of $3,000.
The Vicksburg Post reports Southern was once a natural gas vendor for the city. The station has been inactive since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!