Sanderson to keynote ‘VISION’ celebration next week
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: award, Chelsea Rick, Jan Collins, Joe Sanderson Jr., Madison County Busdiness League, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Raphael Semmes, Sanderson Farms, VISION Award, VISION Celebration 2013, VISIONARY Leadership Award
JACKSON — Madison County’s best and brightest, as well as the leader of a successful poultry company in South Mississippi, will take center stage next week.
The Madison County Business League (MCBL) and the Madison County Economic Development Authority (MCEDA) will host “VISION Celebration 2013” on Thursday, Nov. 14 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Country Club of Jackson.
The keynote speaker will be Joe Sanderson Jr., CEO and chairman of the board of Laurel-based Sanderson Farms, will be the keynote speaker. Sanderson Farms is a publicly held company engaged in production, processing and marketing of poultry. The company is also the new sponsor of the PGA golf tournament held annually at Annandale Country Club in Madison.
The VISION Award and the VISIONARY Leadership Award will be presented at the event. The awards were conceived in 2010 as a means of recognizing and thanking outstanding Madison County businesses and leaders for their contributions to the community. Former winners include C Spire, Levi Strauss & Company, and Nissan North America.
Miss Mississippi Chelsea Rick will entertain along with the Raphael Semmes Jazz Ensemble.
Reservations are required. Contact MCBL executive director Jan Collins at (601) 832-5592 or email to email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing