Sanderson to keynote ‘VISION’ celebration next week
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: award, Chelsea Rick, Jan Collins, Joe Sanderson Jr., Madison County Busdiness League, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Raphael Semmes, Sanderson Farms, VISION Award, VISION Celebration 2013, VISIONARY Leadership Award
JACKSON — Madison County’s best and brightest, as well as the leader of a successful poultry company in South Mississippi, will take center stage next week.
The Madison County Business League (MCBL) and the Madison County Economic Development Authority (MCEDA) will host “VISION Celebration 2013” on Thursday, Nov. 14 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Country Club of Jackson.
The keynote speaker will be Joe Sanderson Jr., CEO and chairman of the board of Laurel-based Sanderson Farms, will be the keynote speaker. Sanderson Farms is a publicly held company engaged in production, processing and marketing of poultry. The company is also the new sponsor of the PGA golf tournament held annually at Annandale Country Club in Madison.
The VISION Award and the VISIONARY Leadership Award will be presented at the event. The awards were conceived in 2010 as a means of recognizing and thanking outstanding Madison County businesses and leaders for their contributions to the community. Former winners include C Spire, Levi Strauss & Company, and Nissan North America.
Miss Mississippi Chelsea Rick will entertain along with the Raphael Semmes Jazz Ensemble.
Reservations are required. Contact MCBL executive director Jan Collins at (601) 832-5592 or email to email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement