Sanderson to keynote ‘VISION’ celebration next week
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: award, Chelsea Rick, Jan Collins, Joe Sanderson Jr., Madison County Busdiness League, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Raphael Semmes, Sanderson Farms, VISION Award, VISION Celebration 2013, VISIONARY Leadership Award
JACKSON — Madison County’s best and brightest, as well as the leader of a successful poultry company in South Mississippi, will take center stage next week.
The Madison County Business League (MCBL) and the Madison County Economic Development Authority (MCEDA) will host “VISION Celebration 2013” on Thursday, Nov. 14 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Country Club of Jackson.
The keynote speaker will be Joe Sanderson Jr., CEO and chairman of the board of Laurel-based Sanderson Farms, will be the keynote speaker. Sanderson Farms is a publicly held company engaged in production, processing and marketing of poultry. The company is also the new sponsor of the PGA golf tournament held annually at Annandale Country Club in Madison.
The VISION Award and the VISIONARY Leadership Award will be presented at the event. The awards were conceived in 2010 as a means of recognizing and thanking outstanding Madison County businesses and leaders for their contributions to the community. Former winners include C Spire, Levi Strauss & Company, and Nissan North America.
Miss Mississippi Chelsea Rick will entertain along with the Raphael Semmes Jazz Ensemble.
Reservations are required. Contact MCBL executive director Jan Collins at (601) 832-5592 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping