Sanderson to keynote ‘VISION’ celebration next week
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2013
Tags: award, Chelsea Rick, Jan Collins, Joe Sanderson Jr., Madison County Busdiness League, Madison County Economic Development Authority, Raphael Semmes, Sanderson Farms, VISION Award, VISION Celebration 2013, VISIONARY Leadership Award
JACKSON — Madison County’s best and brightest, as well as the leader of a successful poultry company in South Mississippi, will take center stage next week.
The Madison County Business League (MCBL) and the Madison County Economic Development Authority (MCEDA) will host “VISION Celebration 2013” on Thursday, Nov. 14 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Country Club of Jackson.
The keynote speaker will be Joe Sanderson Jr., CEO and chairman of the board of Laurel-based Sanderson Farms, will be the keynote speaker. Sanderson Farms is a publicly held company engaged in production, processing and marketing of poultry. The company is also the new sponsor of the PGA golf tournament held annually at Annandale Country Club in Madison.
The VISION Award and the VISIONARY Leadership Award will be presented at the event. The awards were conceived in 2010 as a means of recognizing and thanking outstanding Madison County businesses and leaders for their contributions to the community. Former winners include C Spire, Levi Strauss & Company, and Nissan North America.
Miss Mississippi Chelsea Rick will entertain along with the Raphael Semmes Jazz Ensemble.
Reservations are required. Contact MCBL executive director Jan Collins at (601) 832-5592 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal