Edna McGill named permanent superintendent in Columbus
The Columbus Municipal School Board has dropped temporary from Edna McGill’s title. The board voted 3-2 to make McGill interim school superintendent. When she was hired in June, McGill had the title of temporary interim school superintendent. McGill will serve as the district’s interim head until June 30, 2015, or until a new superintendent is hired.
McGill replaced former superintendent Martha Liddell who was removed from the post after it was revealed that she used district funds to pay for a private party and had continued to do consulting work in violation of her contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years