Edna McGill named permanent superintendent in Columbus
The Columbus Municipal School Board has dropped temporary from Edna McGill’s title. The board voted 3-2 to make McGill interim school superintendent. When she was hired in June, McGill had the title of temporary interim school superintendent. McGill will serve as the district’s interim head until June 30, 2015, or until a new superintendent is hired.
McGill replaced former superintendent Martha Liddell who was removed from the post after it was revealed that she used district funds to pay for a private party and had continued to do consulting work in violation of her contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food