Edna McGill named permanent superintendent in Columbus
The Columbus Municipal School Board has dropped temporary from Edna McGill’s title. The board voted 3-2 to make McGill interim school superintendent. When she was hired in June, McGill had the title of temporary interim school superintendent. McGill will serve as the district’s interim head until June 30, 2015, or until a new superintendent is hired.
McGill replaced former superintendent Martha Liddell who was removed from the post after it was revealed that she used district funds to pay for a private party and had continued to do consulting work in violation of her contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life