Edna McGill named permanent superintendent in Columbus
The Columbus Municipal School Board has dropped temporary from Edna McGill’s title. The board voted 3-2 to make McGill interim school superintendent. When she was hired in June, McGill had the title of temporary interim school superintendent. McGill will serve as the district’s interim head until June 30, 2015, or until a new superintendent is hired.
McGill replaced former superintendent Martha Liddell who was removed from the post after it was revealed that she used district funds to pay for a private party and had continued to do consulting work in violation of her contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy