Edna McGill named permanent superintendent in Columbus
The Columbus Municipal School Board has dropped temporary from Edna McGill’s title. The board voted 3-2 to make McGill interim school superintendent. When she was hired in June, McGill had the title of temporary interim school superintendent. McGill will serve as the district’s interim head until June 30, 2015, or until a new superintendent is hired.
McGill replaced former superintendent Martha Liddell who was removed from the post after it was revealed that she used district funds to pay for a private party and had continued to do consulting work in violation of her contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign