Loren W. “Wes” Burger a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society
Loren W. “Wes” Burger Jr., the associate director of two research centers at Mississippi State University, is a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society. A professor in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Burger was recognized for exceptional service to the wildlife profession at the 2013 annual meeting of The Wildlife Society. He serves as associate director of the MSU Forest and Wildlife Research Center and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Burger’s research interests include bobwhite quail and grassland bird ecology and management. He served as project coordinator for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Northern Bobwhite Habitat Restoration Project, a research effort to determine wildlife response to Farm Bill conservation practices. On behalf of USDA-Farm Service Agency, Burger designed and coordinated a national monitoring program to measure the response of bobwhite and grassland birds to a new conservation buffer practice. For more than two decades, Burger has led research programs focused on integrating wildlife conservation into agricultural production systems.
Burger is a Grisham Master Teacher and was named the Dale H. Arner Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Management in the College of Forest Resources. He holds bachelor’s degrees in biology and mathematics from Murray State University. He earned his master’s degree and doctorate in wildlife biology from the University of Missouri
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters