Loren W. “Wes” Burger a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society
Loren W. “Wes” Burger Jr., the associate director of two research centers at Mississippi State University, is a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society. A professor in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Burger was recognized for exceptional service to the wildlife profession at the 2013 annual meeting of The Wildlife Society. He serves as associate director of the MSU Forest and Wildlife Research Center and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Burger’s research interests include bobwhite quail and grassland bird ecology and management. He served as project coordinator for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Northern Bobwhite Habitat Restoration Project, a research effort to determine wildlife response to Farm Bill conservation practices. On behalf of USDA-Farm Service Agency, Burger designed and coordinated a national monitoring program to measure the response of bobwhite and grassland birds to a new conservation buffer practice. For more than two decades, Burger has led research programs focused on integrating wildlife conservation into agricultural production systems.
Burger is a Grisham Master Teacher and was named the Dale H. Arner Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Management in the College of Forest Resources. He holds bachelor’s degrees in biology and mathematics from Murray State University. He earned his master’s degree and doctorate in wildlife biology from the University of Missouri
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy