Loren W. “Wes” Burger a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society
Loren W. “Wes” Burger Jr., the associate director of two research centers at Mississippi State University, is a new Fellow in The Wildlife Society. A professor in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Burger was recognized for exceptional service to the wildlife profession at the 2013 annual meeting of The Wildlife Society. He serves as associate director of the MSU Forest and Wildlife Research Center and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Burger’s research interests include bobwhite quail and grassland bird ecology and management. He served as project coordinator for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Northern Bobwhite Habitat Restoration Project, a research effort to determine wildlife response to Farm Bill conservation practices. On behalf of USDA-Farm Service Agency, Burger designed and coordinated a national monitoring program to measure the response of bobwhite and grassland birds to a new conservation buffer practice. For more than two decades, Burger has led research programs focused on integrating wildlife conservation into agricultural production systems.
Burger is a Grisham Master Teacher and was named the Dale H. Arner Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Management in the College of Forest Resources. He holds bachelor’s degrees in biology and mathematics from Murray State University. He earned his master’s degree and doctorate in wildlife biology from the University of Missouri
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager