PGA honors MSU’s Jeff Adkerson
Jeff Adkerson, a Mississippi State University administrator, is the 2013 Gulf States PGA Section’s Golf Professional of the Year, the highest recognition paid to Mississippi and Louisiana members. Adkerson has led the university’s professional golf management program since 2007 and was assistant director during the four previous years. He is a 1999 marketing/PGM graduate of MSU’s College of Business, where he also completed an MBA in 2005. Currently, Adkerson serves as secretary of Gulf States PGA, with offices located in Metairie, La. Additionally, he is a member of the PGM adjunct faculty for PGA of America and a former president of the Professional Golf Management Education Association.
Adkerson is a four-time selection for the Gulf Section’s prestigious Horton Smith Award. He also was named Mississippi Chapter Golf Professional of the Year in 2009 and 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image