PGA honors MSU’s Jeff Adkerson
Jeff Adkerson, a Mississippi State University administrator, is the 2013 Gulf States PGA Section’s Golf Professional of the Year, the highest recognition paid to Mississippi and Louisiana members. Adkerson has led the university’s professional golf management program since 2007 and was assistant director during the four previous years. He is a 1999 marketing/PGM graduate of MSU’s College of Business, where he also completed an MBA in 2005. Currently, Adkerson serves as secretary of Gulf States PGA, with offices located in Metairie, La. Additionally, he is a member of the PGM adjunct faculty for PGA of America and a former president of the Professional Golf Management Education Association.
Adkerson is a four-time selection for the Gulf Section’s prestigious Horton Smith Award. He also was named Mississippi Chapter Golf Professional of the Year in 2009 and 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million