PGA honors MSU’s Jeff Adkerson
Jeff Adkerson, a Mississippi State University administrator, is the 2013 Gulf States PGA Section’s Golf Professional of the Year, the highest recognition paid to Mississippi and Louisiana members. Adkerson has led the university’s professional golf management program since 2007 and was assistant director during the four previous years. He is a 1999 marketing/PGM graduate of MSU’s College of Business, where he also completed an MBA in 2005. Currently, Adkerson serves as secretary of Gulf States PGA, with offices located in Metairie, La. Additionally, he is a member of the PGM adjunct faculty for PGA of America and a former president of the Professional Golf Management Education Association.
Adkerson is a four-time selection for the Gulf Section’s prestigious Horton Smith Award. He also was named Mississippi Chapter Golf Professional of the Year in 2009 and 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager