PGA honors MSU’s Jeff Adkerson
Jeff Adkerson, a Mississippi State University administrator, is the 2013 Gulf States PGA Section’s Golf Professional of the Year, the highest recognition paid to Mississippi and Louisiana members. Adkerson has led the university’s professional golf management program since 2007 and was assistant director during the four previous years. He is a 1999 marketing/PGM graduate of MSU’s College of Business, where he also completed an MBA in 2005. Currently, Adkerson serves as secretary of Gulf States PGA, with offices located in Metairie, La. Additionally, he is a member of the PGM adjunct faculty for PGA of America and a former president of the Professional Golf Management Education Association.
Adkerson is a four-time selection for the Gulf Section’s prestigious Horton Smith Award. He also was named Mississippi Chapter Golf Professional of the Year in 2009 and 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- The leadership styles of President Obama