PGA honors MSU’s Jeff Adkerson
Jeff Adkerson, a Mississippi State University administrator, is the 2013 Gulf States PGA Section’s Golf Professional of the Year, the highest recognition paid to Mississippi and Louisiana members. Adkerson has led the university’s professional golf management program since 2007 and was assistant director during the four previous years. He is a 1999 marketing/PGM graduate of MSU’s College of Business, where he also completed an MBA in 2005. Currently, Adkerson serves as secretary of Gulf States PGA, with offices located in Metairie, La. Additionally, he is a member of the PGM adjunct faculty for PGA of America and a former president of the Professional Golf Management Education Association.
Adkerson is a four-time selection for the Gulf Section’s prestigious Horton Smith Award. He also was named Mississippi Chapter Golf Professional of the Year in 2009 and 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training