Rhonda Boutwell named Healthcare Social Worker of the Year
Rhonda Boutwell, director of social services at Anderson Regional Medical Center, was recently named Healthcare Social Worker of the Year by the Mississippi Society for Social Work Leadership In Healthcare Inc. Boutwell has been employed at ARMC since 1987. She has grown the social work program from one person to a team of six social workers. Boutwell participated in the development of the case management program, and is an active participant in various hospital committees and teams including Institutional Review Board, Strategic Planning and Palliative Care. Boutwell is the leader of the readmission team as part of the Partnership for Patients Initiative, and she is also involved in the development of new service lines at ARMC to meet the needs of the community.
Boutwell holds several professional affiliations including the Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare, Mississippi Hospital Association Behavioral Health Society and Community Partnership on Mental Health. She has held several administrative positions with the Mississippi Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare including Long-term Care Task Force, secretary, board member at large and Nominations Committee.
Boutwell has continued to advance her education by undergoing crisis intervention training at the University of Memphis, obtaining Resolve through Sharing certification, and becoming an adoption specialist with the National Council on Adoption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win