Rhonda Boutwell named Healthcare Social Worker of the Year
Rhonda Boutwell, director of social services at Anderson Regional Medical Center, was recently named Healthcare Social Worker of the Year by the Mississippi Society for Social Work Leadership In Healthcare Inc. Boutwell has been employed at ARMC since 1987. She has grown the social work program from one person to a team of six social workers. Boutwell participated in the development of the case management program, and is an active participant in various hospital committees and teams including Institutional Review Board, Strategic Planning and Palliative Care. Boutwell is the leader of the readmission team as part of the Partnership for Patients Initiative, and she is also involved in the development of new service lines at ARMC to meet the needs of the community.
Boutwell holds several professional affiliations including the Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare, Mississippi Hospital Association Behavioral Health Society and Community Partnership on Mental Health. She has held several administrative positions with the Mississippi Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare including Long-term Care Task Force, secretary, board member at large and Nominations Committee.
Boutwell has continued to advance her education by undergoing crisis intervention training at the University of Memphis, obtaining Resolve through Sharing certification, and becoming an adoption specialist with the National Council on Adoption.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation