Shelly Johnstone announces retirement
Hernando’s community development director, Shelly Johnstone, has retired. Johnstone is credited with bringing improved development standards to Hernando, with infrastructure for bicycling and walking. She worked with the city’s parks chief on promoting health through recreation programs and a farmers market. During her watch, in 2010, Hernando received the first Healthiest Hometown Award to be given in the state, from the Mississippi Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)