Shelly Johnstone announces retirement
Hernando’s community development director, Shelly Johnstone, has retired. Johnstone is credited with bringing improved development standards to Hernando, with infrastructure for bicycling and walking. She worked with the city’s parks chief on promoting health through recreation programs and a farmers market. During her watch, in 2010, Hernando received the first Healthiest Hometown Award to be given in the state, from the Mississippi Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'