Shelly Johnstone announces retirement
Hernando’s community development director, Shelly Johnstone, has retired. Johnstone is credited with bringing improved development standards to Hernando, with infrastructure for bicycling and walking. She worked with the city’s parks chief on promoting health through recreation programs and a farmers market. During her watch, in 2010, Hernando received the first Healthiest Hometown Award to be given in the state, from the Mississippi Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison