Shelly Johnstone announces retirement
Hernando’s community development director, Shelly Johnstone, has retired. Johnstone is credited with bringing improved development standards to Hernando, with infrastructure for bicycling and walking. She worked with the city’s parks chief on promoting health through recreation programs and a farmers market. During her watch, in 2010, Hernando received the first Healthiest Hometown Award to be given in the state, from the Mississippi Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts