Shelly Johnstone announces retirement
Hernando’s community development director, Shelly Johnstone, has retired. Johnstone is credited with bringing improved development standards to Hernando, with infrastructure for bicycling and walking. She worked with the city’s parks chief on promoting health through recreation programs and a farmers market. During her watch, in 2010, Hernando received the first Healthiest Hometown Award to be given in the state, from the Mississippi Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy