Toyota Boshoku expanding, adding nearly 200 workers
Published: November 8,2013
Tags: automobile, Automotive, economic development, employee, employer, employment, expansion, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, supplier, Toyota Boshoku
MANTACHIE — Automotive supplier Toyota Boshoku is adding 180 jobs at its manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
The company said today that it’s investing $21 million at the plant it opened in 2011 in Mantachie, where it makes seat components and door panels for the Toyota Corolla.
The parts go to a Toyota Motor Corp. plant that makes the Corolla about 30 miles away, near Blue Springs. The company says some parts will go to another regional original equipment manufacturer.
When Toyota Boshoku began production two years ago, it invested $49 million in its 404,000-square-foot facility and hired about 230 workers. Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance for the original project for site preparation, infrastructure and workforce development.
Toyota Boshoku shares a history with Toyota Motor Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments