VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City