VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk