VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency