VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
by Associated Press
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county