VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
by Associated Press
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy