VT Halter already has takers for new floating dock
Published: November 8,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. says it’s already got customers for its newest floating dry dock.
The dock is part of an overall expansion plan at the south yard in Pascagoula. The south yard is same location where VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships.
Bill Skinner, VT Halter Marine CEO, says the dry dock allows the company to grow into the ship repair business.
Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the company will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with the development of this new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three