Business owner arrested, accused of selling bogus merchandise
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2013
SENATOBIA — A multi-agency investigation through the Attorney General’s Operation Knock Out Knock Off Task Force has resulted in the arrest of a Senatobia business owner, announced Attorney General Jim Hood.
Rocola Griffin, age 40, of Sardis, was arrested at her business, Swagg Up, in Senatobia and charged with the sale of counterfeit products. The case began with a general tip that lead to an undercover investigation involving the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division, Homeland Security, ABC and the Senatobia Police Department operating through the Operation KOKO Task Force.
“We have formed strong partnerships through our task force and I appreciate the work of all of the participating agencies,” said Attorney General Jim Hood.
Search warrants executed at the defendants home in Sardis and business on Highway 51 in Senatobia resulted in the confiscation of counterfeit products, controlled substances and a cache of weapons.
The defendant was booked into the Tate County jail. If convicted, she faces up to five years behind bars on the counterfeit charges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments