Favre’s charitable foundation awards grants
Published: November 12,2013
Tags: Association for the Rights of Citizens with Disabilities, athlete, Brett Favre, charitable giving, charity, Deanna Favre, Favre 4 Hope, Hope Haven, Make-A-Wish of Mississippi, Memorial Hospital Deanna Favre Fund, NFL, philanthropy, Pink Ribbon Fund, Rawhide Boys Home, Ribbon of Hope, Special Olympics of Mississippi, sports, The Brett and Deanna Favre Miracle League of Green Bay, University of Southern Mississippi Children's Center for Communication and Development, USM Brett Favre Athletic Scholarship
HATTIESBURG — Brett and Deanna Favre’s foundation, Favre 4 Hope, has supported charities in Mississippi and Wisconsin with $180,000 in grants for 2013.
The foundation said that Mississippi charities receiving grants are Special Olympics of Mississippi, Hope Haven, Association for the Rights of Citizens with Disabilities, Make a Wish of Mississippi, Memorial Hospital Deanna Favre Fund, University of Southern Mississippi Children’s Center for Communication and Development, USM Brett Favre Athletic Scholarship and the Pink Ribbon Fund.
Wisconsin charities include Ribbon of Hope, Rawhide Boys Home and The Brett and Deanna Favre Miracle League of Green Bay.
Favre and volunteer coaches and students from Oak Grove High will be coaching 40 Special Olympics athletes to compete in the new National Football League Flag Football program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win