Favre’s charitable foundation awards grants
Published: November 12,2013
Tags: Association for the Rights of Citizens with Disabilities, athlete, Brett Favre, charitable giving, charity, Deanna Favre, Favre 4 Hope, Hope Haven, Make-A-Wish of Mississippi, Memorial Hospital Deanna Favre Fund, NFL, philanthropy, Pink Ribbon Fund, Rawhide Boys Home, Ribbon of Hope, Special Olympics of Mississippi, sports, The Brett and Deanna Favre Miracle League of Green Bay, University of Southern Mississippi Children's Center for Communication and Development, USM Brett Favre Athletic Scholarship
HATTIESBURG — Brett and Deanna Favre’s foundation, Favre 4 Hope, has supported charities in Mississippi and Wisconsin with $180,000 in grants for 2013.
The foundation said that Mississippi charities receiving grants are Special Olympics of Mississippi, Hope Haven, Association for the Rights of Citizens with Disabilities, Make a Wish of Mississippi, Memorial Hospital Deanna Favre Fund, University of Southern Mississippi Children’s Center for Communication and Development, USM Brett Favre Athletic Scholarship and the Pink Ribbon Fund.
Wisconsin charities include Ribbon of Hope, Rawhide Boys Home and The Brett and Deanna Favre Miracle League of Green Bay.
Favre and volunteer coaches and students from Oak Grove High will be coaching 40 Special Olympics athletes to compete in the new National Football League Flag Football program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image