FSNA gives update on Simply Wheelz bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2013
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc. (FSNA) has released an update on the previously-announced bankruptcy proceedings of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
On Nov. 7, the court entered interim orders authorizing Simply Wheelz to, among other things: make payments to certain critical vendors; assume executory contracts with certain online travel agents; honor prepaid reservations from its customers; pay employee and independent contractor wages and associated taxes and benefits; and make certain airport concession payments, in each case in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective order.
On Nov. 8, the Court entered an interim order approving a $20-million line of credit facility for Simply Wheelz.
Simply Wheelz is scheduled to appear before the court on Dec. 3 to request final approval of a $36-million line of credit and other matters approved to date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste