FSNA gives update on Simply Wheelz bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2013
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc. (FSNA) has released an update on the previously-announced bankruptcy proceedings of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
On Nov. 7, the court entered interim orders authorizing Simply Wheelz to, among other things: make payments to certain critical vendors; assume executory contracts with certain online travel agents; honor prepaid reservations from its customers; pay employee and independent contractor wages and associated taxes and benefits; and make certain airport concession payments, in each case in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective order.
On Nov. 8, the Court entered an interim order approving a $20-million line of credit facility for Simply Wheelz.
Simply Wheelz is scheduled to appear before the court on Dec. 3 to request final approval of a $36-million line of credit and other matters approved to date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy