FSNA gives update on Simply Wheelz bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2013
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc. (FSNA) has released an update on the previously-announced bankruptcy proceedings of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
On Nov. 7, the court entered interim orders authorizing Simply Wheelz to, among other things: make payments to certain critical vendors; assume executory contracts with certain online travel agents; honor prepaid reservations from its customers; pay employee and independent contractor wages and associated taxes and benefits; and make certain airport concession payments, in each case in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective order.
On Nov. 8, the Court entered an interim order approving a $20-million line of credit facility for Simply Wheelz.
Simply Wheelz is scheduled to appear before the court on Dec. 3 to request final approval of a $36-million line of credit and other matters approved to date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi