FSNA gives update on Simply Wheelz bankruptcy
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 12,2013
RIDGELAND — Franchise Services of North America Inc. (FSNA) has released an update on the previously-announced bankruptcy proceedings of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Simply Wheelz LLC, which does business as Advantage Rent A Car, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
On Nov. 7, the court entered interim orders authorizing Simply Wheelz to, among other things: make payments to certain critical vendors; assume executory contracts with certain online travel agents; honor prepaid reservations from its customers; pay employee and independent contractor wages and associated taxes and benefits; and make certain airport concession payments, in each case in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective order.
On Nov. 8, the Court entered an interim order approving a $20-million line of credit facility for Simply Wheelz.
Simply Wheelz is scheduled to appear before the court on Dec. 3 to request final approval of a $36-million line of credit and other matters approved to date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'