Bank bringing corporate center to Alabama; adding 100 jobs
Published: November 13,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is locating a corporate center in Montgomery, Ala., that will have 200 employees.
Bank officials say 100 of the jobs will be new to the company. The bank’s new corporate center will be located on two floors of the Capitol Commerce Center, which was once home to Colonial Bank. Hancock’s chief information officer, Ron Milliet, will oversee many of the operations being located in Montgomery. The bank, headquartered in Gulfport, had been looking for a corporate center away from the Gulf coast. Milliet said locating some critical operations in an area less vulnerable to direct hits from hurricanes can better ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Hancock Bank operates in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Its sister company, Whitney Bank, operates in Louisiana and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar