Bank bringing corporate center to Alabama; adding 100 jobs
by Associated Press
Published: November 13,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is locating a corporate center in Montgomery, Ala., that will have 200 employees.
Bank officials say 100 of the jobs will be new to the company. The bank’s new corporate center will be located on two floors of the Capitol Commerce Center, which was once home to Colonial Bank. Hancock’s chief information officer, Ron Milliet, will oversee many of the operations being located in Montgomery. The bank, headquartered in Gulfport, had been looking for a corporate center away from the Gulf coast. Milliet said locating some critical operations in an area less vulnerable to direct hits from hurricanes can better ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Hancock Bank operates in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Its sister company, Whitney Bank, operates in Louisiana and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability