Bank bringing corporate center to Alabama; adding 100 jobs
Published: November 13,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is locating a corporate center in Montgomery, Ala., that will have 200 employees.
Bank officials say 100 of the jobs will be new to the company. The bank’s new corporate center will be located on two floors of the Capitol Commerce Center, which was once home to Colonial Bank. Hancock’s chief information officer, Ron Milliet, will oversee many of the operations being located in Montgomery. The bank, headquartered in Gulfport, had been looking for a corporate center away from the Gulf coast. Milliet said locating some critical operations in an area less vulnerable to direct hits from hurricanes can better ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Hancock Bank operates in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Its sister company, Whitney Bank, operates in Louisiana and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal