Bank bringing corporate center to Alabama; adding 100 jobs
Published: November 13,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is locating a corporate center in Montgomery, Ala., that will have 200 employees.
Bank officials say 100 of the jobs will be new to the company. The bank’s new corporate center will be located on two floors of the Capitol Commerce Center, which was once home to Colonial Bank. Hancock’s chief information officer, Ron Milliet, will oversee many of the operations being located in Montgomery. The bank, headquartered in Gulfport, had been looking for a corporate center away from the Gulf coast. Milliet said locating some critical operations in an area less vulnerable to direct hits from hurricanes can better ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Hancock Bank operates in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Its sister company, Whitney Bank, operates in Louisiana and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth