Bank bringing corporate center to Alabama; adding 100 jobs
by Associated Press
Published: November 13,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is locating a corporate center in Montgomery, Ala., that will have 200 employees.
Bank officials say 100 of the jobs will be new to the company. The bank’s new corporate center will be located on two floors of the Capitol Commerce Center, which was once home to Colonial Bank. Hancock’s chief information officer, Ron Milliet, will oversee many of the operations being located in Montgomery. The bank, headquartered in Gulfport, had been looking for a corporate center away from the Gulf coast. Milliet said locating some critical operations in an area less vulnerable to direct hits from hurricanes can better ensure uninterrupted service for customers.
Hancock Bank operates in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Its sister company, Whitney Bank, operates in Louisiana and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data