Governor to lay out budget recommendations today
Published: November 13,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant is preparing to release his budget recommendations for the coming year.
The Republican will hold a news conference this afternoon at the state Capitol to unveil his spending plan for fiscal 2015, which begins July 1.
Last week, Bryant and legislative leaders set a revenue estimate of nearly $5.4 billion. It is based on experts’ predictions of how the state economy will perform.
The 14-member Joint Legislative Budget Committee will release its own FY 2015 spending plan in December.
All 122 House members and 52 senators will get to vote on a final budget. If they stay on schedule, it should be adopted and sent to the governor by early April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma