Governor to lay out budget recommendations today
Published: November 13,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant is preparing to release his budget recommendations for the coming year.
The Republican will hold a news conference this afternoon at the state Capitol to unveil his spending plan for fiscal 2015, which begins July 1.
Last week, Bryant and legislative leaders set a revenue estimate of nearly $5.4 billion. It is based on experts’ predictions of how the state economy will perform.
The 14-member Joint Legislative Budget Committee will release its own FY 2015 spending plan in December.
All 122 House members and 52 senators will get to vote on a final budget. If they stay on schedule, it should be adopted and sent to the governor by early April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Four years, $1.5 billion: Hudson Capital Partners on a roll
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Six decades later, folks still flock to Hudson’s great deals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects