Governor to lay out budget recommendations today
Published: November 13,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant is preparing to release his budget recommendations for the coming year.
The Republican will hold a news conference this afternoon at the state Capitol to unveil his spending plan for fiscal 2015, which begins July 1.
Last week, Bryant and legislative leaders set a revenue estimate of nearly $5.4 billion. It is based on experts’ predictions of how the state economy will perform.
The 14-member Joint Legislative Budget Committee will release its own FY 2015 spending plan in December.
All 122 House members and 52 senators will get to vote on a final budget. If they stay on schedule, it should be adopted and sent to the governor by early April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation