Governor to lay out budget recommendations today
Published: November 13,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant is preparing to release his budget recommendations for the coming year.
The Republican will hold a news conference this afternoon at the state Capitol to unveil his spending plan for fiscal 2015, which begins July 1.
Last week, Bryant and legislative leaders set a revenue estimate of nearly $5.4 billion. It is based on experts’ predictions of how the state economy will perform.
The 14-member Joint Legislative Budget Committee will release its own FY 2015 spending plan in December.
All 122 House members and 52 senators will get to vote on a final budget. If they stay on schedule, it should be adopted and sent to the governor by early April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love