Governor to lay out budget recommendations today
Published: November 13,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant is preparing to release his budget recommendations for the coming year.
The Republican will hold a news conference this afternoon at the state Capitol to unveil his spending plan for fiscal 2015, which begins July 1.
Last week, Bryant and legislative leaders set a revenue estimate of nearly $5.4 billion. It is based on experts’ predictions of how the state economy will perform.
The 14-member Joint Legislative Budget Committee will release its own FY 2015 spending plan in December.
All 122 House members and 52 senators will get to vote on a final budget. If they stay on schedule, it should be adopted and sent to the governor by early April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years