Chamber director fired; board mum on reason
Published: November 14,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Ginger Adams, the executive director of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce, has been fired.
Jeff Field, the president of the Chamber board of directors, called the termination “a personnel decision the board of directors made.”
Field said the board decided it was time to go in a different direction.
Adams said in a telephone interview yesterday with The Commercial Appeal when she asked Tuesday at the board meeting what direction, she was not given any specifics by Field.
Adams, who has served as executive director of the chamber since 2005, said she is considering taking legal action against the board.
Debbie King, manager of member services, has been named as interim executive director of the nonprofit organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center