Chamber director fired; board mum on reason
Published: November 14,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Ginger Adams, the executive director of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce, has been fired.
Jeff Field, the president of the Chamber board of directors, called the termination “a personnel decision the board of directors made.”
Field said the board decided it was time to go in a different direction.
Adams said in a telephone interview yesterday with The Commercial Appeal when she asked Tuesday at the board meeting what direction, she was not given any specifics by Field.
Adams, who has served as executive director of the chamber since 2005, said she is considering taking legal action against the board.
Debbie King, manager of member services, has been named as interim executive director of the nonprofit organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss