Chamber director fired; board mum on reason
Published: November 14,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Ginger Adams, the executive director of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce, has been fired.
Jeff Field, the president of the Chamber board of directors, called the termination “a personnel decision the board of directors made.”
Field said the board decided it was time to go in a different direction.
Adams said in a telephone interview yesterday with The Commercial Appeal when she asked Tuesday at the board meeting what direction, she was not given any specifics by Field.
Adams, who has served as executive director of the chamber since 2005, said she is considering taking legal action against the board.
Debbie King, manager of member services, has been named as interim executive director of the nonprofit organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41