Chamber director fired; board mum on reason
Published: November 14,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Ginger Adams, the executive director of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce, has been fired.
Jeff Field, the president of the Chamber board of directors, called the termination “a personnel decision the board of directors made.”
Field said the board decided it was time to go in a different direction.
Adams said in a telephone interview yesterday with The Commercial Appeal when she asked Tuesday at the board meeting what direction, she was not given any specifics by Field.
Adams, who has served as executive director of the chamber since 2005, said she is considering taking legal action against the board.
Debbie King, manager of member services, has been named as interim executive director of the nonprofit organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game