Chamber director fired; board mum on reason
Published: November 14,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Ginger Adams, the executive director of the Southaven Chamber of Commerce, has been fired.
Jeff Field, the president of the Chamber board of directors, called the termination “a personnel decision the board of directors made.”
Field said the board decided it was time to go in a different direction.
Adams said in a telephone interview yesterday with The Commercial Appeal when she asked Tuesday at the board meeting what direction, she was not given any specifics by Field.
Adams, who has served as executive director of the chamber since 2005, said she is considering taking legal action against the board.
Debbie King, manager of member services, has been named as interim executive director of the nonprofit organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar