Army Corps of Engineers’ Brad Brady presented special award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2013
Brad Brady, civil engineer with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District, was recently presented the Commander’s Special Emphasis Award for his selfless service, dedication and exceptional achievement in the performance of assigned duties in support of the Global War on Terrorism. Brady recently returned from a three-month deployment in support of Overseas Contingency Operations in Kabul, Afghanistan. He was based at Camp Phoenix where he worked for the Kabul Area Office’s Northern District as a project engineer for construction of the 88-acre Ministry of Interior Complex. For his service, Brady was previously awarded the NATO Medal, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service Medal, and the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism.
As a civil engineer in the construction services branch of the Engineering and Construction Division, he is heavily involved in numerous construction contract administration activities for projects throughout the District. Prior to deployment to Afghanistan, he served as a project engineer on the Lower Mississippi Riverfront Museum and Interpretive Center in Vicksburg.
Brady is a native of Hattiesburg and earned his bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is married to the former Christy Swindle of McComb and they are the parents of four children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody