KEEPING OUR EYE ON — Vicksburg’s Kristi Hall
Vicksburg native Kristi Hall combines her dual passion for wetlands and geographic information systems (GIS) every day with her work as an ecologist and environmental consultant.
Hall’s company specializes in wetlands, GIS analysis, threatened and endangered species surveys and National Environmental Policy Act documents.
“We work with a network of small businesses throughout the Southeast to tackle any project, finding compromises between environmental regulations and development,” Hall says. “I like being able to take my piece of the project and see it fit into the larger puzzle, and I really enjoy helping others.”
Hall earned a bachelors in biochemistry from Virginia Tech and a masters in fishery and wildlife biology from Colorado State University. Her previous work experience includes stints as an environmental scientist with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Mississippi Department of Transportation and private engineering firms.
“Be patient,” Hall advises young professionals entering any industry. “I work in the field of environmental regulations. I see my industry only becoming more complex over time and yet more essential to find good compromises. Finding a balance between development and environmental regulations will become more and more important.”
Hall enjoys running, swimming and biking and is an active volunteer at South Park Elementary, the Bulldog Challenge, U8 Vicksburg Soccer Organization and Church of the Holy Trinity.
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama