Parent company shutting down trucking firm
by Associated Press
Published: November 17,2013
TUPELO — Action Transport trucks have been moving Lane Furniture merchandise for more than 40 years. That ends tomorrow.
Parent company Furniture Brands International is closing down Action.
Anton Nicholas of ICR, a financial communications company representing Furniture Brands, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the company will now use Missoula, Mont.-based Watkins & Shepard Trucking.
Nicholas says Furniture Brands began using Watkins & Shepard for its Broyhill and Henredon furniture divisions four years ago in a move to be more economical and efficient with its shipping operations.
Action workers were informed of the move over the weekend. Action employs about 60 drivers.
Furniture Brands filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September. The bankruptcy court in Delaware will look at bids for the company next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi