C Spire breaking ground for new data center
Published: November 18,2013
Tags: C Spire Wireless, cellphone, City of Starkville, construction, data, data center, groundbreaking, incentive, Mississippi State University, Oktibbeha County, tax, telecommunication, telephone, Thad Cochran Research Park
STARKVILLE — C Spire has scheduled a ground-breaking ceremony today for a new data center in Starkville.
Ridgeland-based C Spire plans complete construction on the first phase in November 2014, when customers would begin using the center.
Mississippi State University’s Thad Cochran Research Park will host the 22,400-square-foot first phase. Two more phases are planned.
The city of Starkville and Oktibbeha County waived non-school property taxes for 10 years to lure the project.
C Spire says the company hopes to sell more computer services to businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015