C Spire breaking ground for new data center
Published: November 18,2013
Tags: C Spire Wireless, cellphone, City of Starkville, construction, data, data center, groundbreaking, incentive, Mississippi State University, Oktibbeha County, tax, telecommunication, telephone, Thad Cochran Research Park
STARKVILLE — C Spire has scheduled a ground-breaking ceremony today for a new data center in Starkville.
Ridgeland-based C Spire plans complete construction on the first phase in November 2014, when customers would begin using the center.
Mississippi State University’s Thad Cochran Research Park will host the 22,400-square-foot first phase. Two more phases are planned.
The city of Starkville and Oktibbeha County waived non-school property taxes for 10 years to lure the project.
C Spire says the company hopes to sell more computer services to businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62