C Spire breaking ground for new data center
Published: November 18,2013
Tags: C Spire Wireless, cellphone, City of Starkville, construction, data, data center, groundbreaking, incentive, Mississippi State University, Oktibbeha County, tax, telecommunication, telephone, Thad Cochran Research Park
STARKVILLE — C Spire has scheduled a ground-breaking ceremony today for a new data center in Starkville.
Ridgeland-based C Spire plans complete construction on the first phase in November 2014, when customers would begin using the center.
Mississippi State University’s Thad Cochran Research Park will host the 22,400-square-foot first phase. Two more phases are planned.
The city of Starkville and Oktibbeha County waived non-school property taxes for 10 years to lure the project.
C Spire says the company hopes to sell more computer services to businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing