C Spire breaking ground for new data center
Published: November 18,2013
Tags: C Spire Wireless, cellphone, City of Starkville, construction, data, data center, groundbreaking, incentive, Mississippi State University, Oktibbeha County, tax, telecommunication, telephone, Thad Cochran Research Park
STARKVILLE — C Spire has scheduled a ground-breaking ceremony today for a new data center in Starkville.
Ridgeland-based C Spire plans complete construction on the first phase in November 2014, when customers would begin using the center.
Mississippi State University’s Thad Cochran Research Park will host the 22,400-square-foot first phase. Two more phases are planned.
The city of Starkville and Oktibbeha County waived non-school property taxes for 10 years to lure the project.
C Spire says the company hopes to sell more computer services to businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million