C Spire breaking ground for new data center
Published: November 18,2013
Tags: C Spire Wireless, cellphone, City of Starkville, construction, data, data center, groundbreaking, incentive, Mississippi State University, Oktibbeha County, tax, telecommunication, telephone, Thad Cochran Research Park
STARKVILLE — C Spire has scheduled a ground-breaking ceremony today for a new data center in Starkville.
Ridgeland-based C Spire plans complete construction on the first phase in November 2014, when customers would begin using the center.
Mississippi State University’s Thad Cochran Research Park will host the 22,400-square-foot first phase. Two more phases are planned.
The city of Starkville and Oktibbeha County waived non-school property taxes for 10 years to lure the project.
C Spire says the company hopes to sell more computer services to businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years