County buys land in industrial park with RDA loan
Published: November 19,2013
Tags: acquisition, economic development, Golden Triangle industrial Park, GTR Global Industrial Aerospace Park, industrial real estate, loan, Lowndes County, purchase, Ralph Billingsley, Rural Development Authority
COLUMBUS — Lowndes County will spend $5.5 million on three tracts of land at the GTR Global Industrial Aerospace Park.
County administrator Ralph Billingsley tells The Commercial Dispatch that the county is using money borrowed from the Rural Development Authority in 2011.
Billingsley says the county initially borrowed $13 million from the RDA to finance land purchases and infrastructural development west of Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
Billingsley says the county drew approximately $6.5 million upon first agreeing with RDA on a general obligation bond. The RDA has held on to the other half since then, with the exception of a $300,000 land purchase earlier this year, so the county didn’t have to pay interest on it.
Billingsley says the land already has water, sewer and power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus