County buys land in industrial park with RDA loan
Published: November 19,2013
Tags: acquisition, economic development, Golden Triangle industrial Park, GTR Global Industrial Aerospace Park, industrial real estate, loan, Lowndes County, purchase, Ralph Billingsley, Rural Development Authority
COLUMBUS — Lowndes County will spend $5.5 million on three tracts of land at the GTR Global Industrial Aerospace Park.
County administrator Ralph Billingsley tells The Commercial Dispatch that the county is using money borrowed from the Rural Development Authority in 2011.
Billingsley says the county initially borrowed $13 million from the RDA to finance land purchases and infrastructural development west of Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
Billingsley says the county drew approximately $6.5 million upon first agreeing with RDA on a general obligation bond. The RDA has held on to the other half since then, with the exception of a $300,000 land purchase earlier this year, so the county didn’t have to pay interest on it.
Billingsley says the land already has water, sewer and power.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity