Council approves $1M budget for proposed baseball stadium
Published: November 20,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has set up a $1-million budget in advance of any spending for a baseball stadium.
David Nichols, city administrator, says no expenditures will be made until a team is purchased and all the documents are signed.
The Sun Herald reports (the vote was 5-2 creating the new capital project to track the expenses of the stadium. The action prepares to combine funding sources of $1 million in general fund money, $15 million in grant money from the state and $21 million in bond money to build the stadium.
Councilman Robert Deming III said the city has to be ready for the opening of the baseball season in 2015 and faces penalties if the deadline isn’t met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three