Council approves $1M budget for proposed baseball stadium
Published: November 20,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has set up a $1-million budget in advance of any spending for a baseball stadium.
David Nichols, city administrator, says no expenditures will be made until a team is purchased and all the documents are signed.
The Sun Herald reports (the vote was 5-2 creating the new capital project to track the expenses of the stadium. The action prepares to combine funding sources of $1 million in general fund money, $15 million in grant money from the state and $21 million in bond money to build the stadium.
Councilman Robert Deming III said the city has to be ready for the opening of the baseball season in 2015 and faces penalties if the deadline isn’t met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions