Council approves $1M budget for proposed baseball stadium
Published: November 20,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has set up a $1-million budget in advance of any spending for a baseball stadium.
David Nichols, city administrator, says no expenditures will be made until a team is purchased and all the documents are signed.
The Sun Herald reports (the vote was 5-2 creating the new capital project to track the expenses of the stadium. The action prepares to combine funding sources of $1 million in general fund money, $15 million in grant money from the state and $21 million in bond money to build the stadium.
Councilman Robert Deming III said the city has to be ready for the opening of the baseball season in 2015 and faces penalties if the deadline isn’t met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center