Council approves $1M budget for proposed baseball stadium
Published: November 20,2013
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council has set up a $1-million budget in advance of any spending for a baseball stadium.
David Nichols, city administrator, says no expenditures will be made until a team is purchased and all the documents are signed.
The Sun Herald reports (the vote was 5-2 creating the new capital project to track the expenses of the stadium. The action prepares to combine funding sources of $1 million in general fund money, $15 million in grant money from the state and $21 million in bond money to build the stadium.
Councilman Robert Deming III said the city has to be ready for the opening of the baseball season in 2015 and faces penalties if the deadline isn’t met.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi