Extension launches new app, website offering county data
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2013
Tags: app, Center for Government and Community Development, Center for Technology Outreach, county, education, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Sumner Davis, technology, telecommunications, website
STARKVILLE — County-level information is now available through a set of profiles created by experts with the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
A new app and website provide community stakeholders, business leaders and elected officials access to detailed socioeconomic statistics for each county in the state.
Faculty from the Extension Center for Technology Outreach and the Center for Government and Community Development gathered information from multiple public sources, such as the federal census. Then they compiled the data into user-friendly county profiles to show important statistics on population, income, educational attainment and employment.
The free app, “MSUES MS Profiles,” can be downloaded from the app store. It is available only for iOS systems. The information is also available online in a print-friendly format at gcd.msucares.com/communityprofiles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen