Extension launches new app, website offering county data
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2013
Tags: app, Center for Government and Community Development, Center for Technology Outreach, county, education, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Sumner Davis, technology, telecommunications, website
STARKVILLE — County-level information is now available through a set of profiles created by experts with the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
A new app and website provide community stakeholders, business leaders and elected officials access to detailed socioeconomic statistics for each county in the state.
Faculty from the Extension Center for Technology Outreach and the Center for Government and Community Development gathered information from multiple public sources, such as the federal census. Then they compiled the data into user-friendly county profiles to show important statistics on population, income, educational attainment and employment.
The free app, “MSUES MS Profiles,” can be downloaded from the app store. It is available only for iOS systems. The information is also available online in a print-friendly format at gcd.msucares.com/communityprofiles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments