Extension launches new app, website offering county data
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2013
Tags: app, Center for Government and Community Development, Center for Technology Outreach, county, education, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Sumner Davis, technology, telecommunications, website
STARKVILLE — County-level information is now available through a set of profiles created by experts with the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
A new app and website provide community stakeholders, business leaders and elected officials access to detailed socioeconomic statistics for each county in the state.
Faculty from the Extension Center for Technology Outreach and the Center for Government and Community Development gathered information from multiple public sources, such as the federal census. Then they compiled the data into user-friendly county profiles to show important statistics on population, income, educational attainment and employment.
The free app, “MSUES MS Profiles,” can be downloaded from the app store. It is available only for iOS systems. The information is also available online in a print-friendly format at gcd.msucares.com/communityprofiles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports