Kristie Aylett makes history
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2013
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) has selected Kristie Aylett, APR, Fellow PRSA, for membership in its College of Fellows. Aylett provides strategic communications counsel and PR services to a diverse client base located across the United States through her Mississippi-based consulting firm, The KARD Group Public Relations/ Marketing.
Aylett is the first woman in Mississippi selected for the College and becomes only the fourth Fellow in the state.
In addition to Aylett’s award-winning work as a consultant, she teaches PR classes at Tulane University and an online course on social media for small business owners and consultants for the University of California at Irvine. She serves on the boards of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Gulf Coast and the local Executive Leadership Council of the American Cancer Society. A member of the PRSA chapter in New Orleans, Aylett is a former chair of the PRSA Southwest District, with nearly 2,000 members in six states. Within PRSA, she has held various chapter, section, district and national leadership positions, including 2002 president of the Fort Worth PRSA chapter and former chair of PRSA’s national Membership Committee. She also serves as the professional adviser to the Public Relations Student Society of America chapter at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Aylett is a past president of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM). She also serves on the board of the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF). In 2009, both PRAM and SPRF recognized Aylett with their highest individual honor, the Professional Achievement Award.
She is a graduate of Texas Christian University, where she earned undergraduate and graduate degrees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders