PGA golf tournament officially sets new November date
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2013
MADISON — The Sanderson Farms Championship has officially set the tournament for Nov. 6–9, 2014 at the Annandale Golf Club in Madison.
The date change will allow the tournament to compete at the front end of the PGA
TOUR’s 2014-2015 official schedule, the same week as the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions in China. By doing so, it will not be contested during the 2013-2014 season.
In addition to the date change, Sanderson Farms expanded its commitment with the PGA TOUR through a three-year renewal as title sponsor of the Sanderson Farms Championship.
The purse is anticipated to increase from $3 million to a record-high $4 million for the 2014 event, and the tournament recently announced the hiring of new director Steve Jent.
John Lang, president of Century Club Charities, said, “We could not be more excited about the move to the fall. Not only do we look forward to the superb course conditions always expected of Annandale Golf Club, but the move to the beginning of PGA TOUR’s season will give the Sanderson Farms Championship a competitive advantage as players try to earn their FedEx Cup points early.”
The tournament, which benefits the Friends of Children’s Hospital, was previously played during the October/November timeframe from 1999-2010 before moving to July dates the past three years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win