PGA golf tournament officially sets new November date
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2013
MADISON — The Sanderson Farms Championship has officially set the tournament for Nov. 6–9, 2014 at the Annandale Golf Club in Madison.
The date change will allow the tournament to compete at the front end of the PGA
TOUR’s 2014-2015 official schedule, the same week as the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions in China. By doing so, it will not be contested during the 2013-2014 season.
In addition to the date change, Sanderson Farms expanded its commitment with the PGA TOUR through a three-year renewal as title sponsor of the Sanderson Farms Championship.
The purse is anticipated to increase from $3 million to a record-high $4 million for the 2014 event, and the tournament recently announced the hiring of new director Steve Jent.
John Lang, president of Century Club Charities, said, “We could not be more excited about the move to the fall. Not only do we look forward to the superb course conditions always expected of Annandale Golf Club, but the move to the beginning of PGA TOUR’s season will give the Sanderson Farms Championship a competitive advantage as players try to earn their FedEx Cup points early.”
The tournament, which benefits the Friends of Children’s Hospital, was previously played during the October/November timeframe from 1999-2010 before moving to July dates the past three years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office