Spees named new leader of North Mississippi Health Services
Shane Spees is the new leader of North Mississippi Health Services. A Tupelo native, Spees, 42, joined Baptist Health System as president and CEO in 2007. Before his employment in Birmingham, Ala., Spees lived in Texas where he was president from 2004-2007 of Valley Baptist Hospital Holdings Inc. and senior vice president and chief executive officer of Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen. He held several leadership roles within the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System from 1995-2004.
He received his master’s degree in health care administration from the University of Houston at Clear Lake in 1997, where he was recognized for academic and leadership excellence. Spees graduated from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of public administration degree in 1992 and the Ole Miss School of Law with his juris doctor in 1995. He was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in 1995.
Spees’ community involvement has included membership in or service to the Rotary Club of Downtown Birmingham; Birmingham Business Alliance board of directors; Young Presidents Organization Southern 7 Chapter; and the United Way of Central Alabama board of directors and Campaign Division co-chair. In addition, he currently serves on the United Healthcare Hospital Executive Advisory Board, Alabama Hospital Association board of directors and past president of the hospital association’s Birmingham Regional Council.
Spees is joined by his wife, Parker Hilbun Spees, who is also a native of Tupelo, and their two children, Addy-Parker, 13, and Michael, 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran