Spees named new leader of North Mississippi Health Services
Shane Spees is the new leader of North Mississippi Health Services. A Tupelo native, Spees, 42, joined Baptist Health System as president and CEO in 2007. Before his employment in Birmingham, Ala., Spees lived in Texas where he was president from 2004-2007 of Valley Baptist Hospital Holdings Inc. and senior vice president and chief executive officer of Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen. He held several leadership roles within the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System from 1995-2004.
He received his master’s degree in health care administration from the University of Houston at Clear Lake in 1997, where he was recognized for academic and leadership excellence. Spees graduated from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of public administration degree in 1992 and the Ole Miss School of Law with his juris doctor in 1995. He was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in 1995.
Spees’ community involvement has included membership in or service to the Rotary Club of Downtown Birmingham; Birmingham Business Alliance board of directors; Young Presidents Organization Southern 7 Chapter; and the United Way of Central Alabama board of directors and Campaign Division co-chair. In addition, he currently serves on the United Healthcare Hospital Executive Advisory Board, Alabama Hospital Association board of directors and past president of the hospital association’s Birmingham Regional Council.
Spees is joined by his wife, Parker Hilbun Spees, who is also a native of Tupelo, and their two children, Addy-Parker, 13, and Michael, 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi