County sees most building permits since recession
Published: November 25,2013
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits across DeSoto County recorded for October put the county over the 730 total for all of 2012, which was the highest year for such permits since pre-recession years.
Tom Haysley, deputy planning director for the county, says 82 single-family permits in October 2013 brought the year-to-date total to 733.
The month’s number was a leap over the 74 of September 2013, and well above the 70 recorded in October 2012.
When multifamily and mobile home permits are factored in, The Commercial Appeal reports 2013’s total of residential permits to date is 755, edging the 754 for all permit types last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast