County sees most building permits since recession
by Associated Press
Published: November 25,2013
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits across DeSoto County recorded for October put the county over the 730 total for all of 2012, which was the highest year for such permits since pre-recession years.
Tom Haysley, deputy planning director for the county, says 82 single-family permits in October 2013 brought the year-to-date total to 733.
The month’s number was a leap over the 74 of September 2013, and well above the 70 recorded in October 2012.
When multifamily and mobile home permits are factored in, The Commercial Appeal reports 2013′s total of residential permits to date is 755, edging the 754 for all permit types last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years