County sees most building permits since recession
Published: November 25,2013
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits across DeSoto County recorded for October put the county over the 730 total for all of 2012, which was the highest year for such permits since pre-recession years.
Tom Haysley, deputy planning director for the county, says 82 single-family permits in October 2013 brought the year-to-date total to 733.
The month’s number was a leap over the 74 of September 2013, and well above the 70 recorded in October 2012.
When multifamily and mobile home permits are factored in, The Commercial Appeal reports 2013′s total of residential permits to date is 755, edging the 754 for all permit types last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment