County sees most building permits since recession
Published: November 25,2013
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits across DeSoto County recorded for October put the county over the 730 total for all of 2012, which was the highest year for such permits since pre-recession years.
Tom Haysley, deputy planning director for the county, says 82 single-family permits in October 2013 brought the year-to-date total to 733.
The month’s number was a leap over the 74 of September 2013, and well above the 70 recorded in October 2012.
When multifamily and mobile home permits are factored in, The Commercial Appeal reports 2013’s total of residential permits to date is 755, edging the 754 for all permit types last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry