County sees most building permits since recession
by Associated Press
Published: November 25,2013
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits across DeSoto County recorded for October put the county over the 730 total for all of 2012, which was the highest year for such permits since pre-recession years.
Tom Haysley, deputy planning director for the county, says 82 single-family permits in October 2013 brought the year-to-date total to 733.
The month’s number was a leap over the 74 of September 2013, and well above the 70 recorded in October 2012.
When multifamily and mobile home permits are factored in, The Commercial Appeal reports 2013′s total of residential permits to date is 755, edging the 754 for all permit types last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program